Maschine+ and MIDI hardware connection

stephen59tx
stephen59tx Member Posts: 13 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Had my M+ for a week now and exploring the functions. I love the sampling and plug-in effects. I have many hardware synths and sampling them is working great, but I’ve had no luck trying to connect the M+ to a synth over MIDI. Overall little issues with the M+ so far. Had to restart only once.

Also, my 128GB Sandisk extreme pro works well, but I’ll be buying a larger one. A 512GB should be a better fit for not much money.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Dan McHugh
    Dan McHugh Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

Goto "settings" and move to the MIDI tab.

Use knob 7 to select "Mashine plus MIDI" (assuming you are using the DIN MIDI out socket). Other coimpliant MIDI interfaces connected via USB would also appear on this list if connected.

Use knob 8 to switch status to "on".

Then in pad mode select the pad you wish to assign the external MIDI instrument to.

Press the channel MIDI button (furthest top left on Maschine+).

Goto the output tab using buttons 5 and 6 (or nudge the 4d encoder left/right).

Use the arrow buttons (above the FILE button) to go two pages to the right. this should take you to the MIDI options for this pad/instrument.

Use knobs 1 and 2 to select the MIDI destination (Maschine+ MIDI) and the MIDI transmit channel.

Should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,083 Guru

had no luck trying to connect

You need to provide more detail. What synth is it (make and model)? How exactly are you "trying to connect" (step by step details)? What do you mean by "no luck"? What results were you expecting and what actually happened?

• Dan McHugh
    Dan McHugh Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

Goto "settings" and move to the MIDI tab.

Use knob 7 to select "Mashine plus MIDI" (assuming you are using the DIN MIDI out socket). Other coimpliant MIDI interfaces connected via USB would also appear on this list if connected.

Use knob 8 to switch status to "on".

Then in pad mode select the pad you wish to assign the external MIDI instrument to.

Press the channel MIDI button (furthest top left on Maschine+).

Goto the output tab using buttons 5 and 6 (or nudge the 4d encoder left/right).

Use the arrow buttons (above the FILE button) to go two pages to the right. this should take you to the MIDI options for this pad/instrument.

Use knobs 1 and 2 to select the MIDI destination (Maschine+ MIDI) and the MIDI transmit channel.

Should be good to go!

Hope this helps!

• stephen59tx
    stephen59tx Member Posts: 13 Member

Thank you Dan for the how to. It worked with my Roland SH-101! I'll try it with my Juno 106 next.