Load instruments on the same MIDI channel in a Multi by default

ptram
ptram Member Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2023 in Kontakt

Hi,

I would like to add more instruments to a multi, while preserving the same MIDI channel for all the instruments. That is, if the first instrument in the multi is channel #1, I want the subsequent instrument to be on channel #1, and not channel #2.

I've tried all the possible shortcuts, and checking in the manual and the forums, but with no success. Is there a way?

Paolo

Comments

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited April 2023

You can set each instrument channel in the 'Instrument Header'. If it's set to 'snapshot view', click the 'Info View' icon next to the camera icon in the header. On the left is the midi channel assignment.

Unless you're talking about loading all instruments on midi 1 automatically. You can set it to 'Omni' in the options and all instruments will receive on which ever midi channel your keyboard is set to, or track.

edit: personally I prefer to let them load in series or just set them manually.

• ptram

@Gee_Flat, thank you, but unfortunately I fear this is a negative answer to my question. Yes, I mean automatically set to a particular channel when loading one instrument after another in a multi.

Paolo

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Damn, I felt I was being so positive.

My feelings are hurt 😂

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Have you tried all these settings here? (from Kontakt 7)

• ptram

I would say that the only missing option is the one I'm looking for (something like "Assign the same as the latest loaded"). May I file it as a feature request?

Paolo

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Paolo, I'm wondering if this is feasible since that might cause issues with overlapping notes in the loaded instruments but I'll forward the feature request.

• ptram

Thank you, Jeremy. I would add that layering is a common practice with sampled sounds, and this seems to me something that can useful in several cases. To prevent this to happen accidentally, I would only allow adding instruments to the same multi by keeping a modifier key pressed while dragging or loading.

Paolo

• SteveJ
    SteveJ Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi. I have no Audio or MIDI options in my Options dialog (Kontakt 7).

Can anyone tell me why would this be, and what I can to about it?

• Jeremy_NI

@SteveJ The audio & midi prefs are only available in Kontakt in standalone. Audio & MIDI is handled by the DAW when in your DAW.