Native Access stuck / not restarting

Michael Leary
Michael Leary Member Posts: 25 Member
edited March 2022 in Native Access

Ran it all night to get full list on new install of S88, Maschine etc. Cannot even get those specific related packages...

87 'Not Installed' stuck with Waiting all day long. Any of them left does same.

Restarted Computer. Re-ran NA but still waiting hours...

The utility will not close without stopping the current item but that does not change anything otherwise.

Native sent me the repair tool for updates failing but that does nothing related to this problem by support email.

No help there.

Tagged:

Answers

• Michael Leary

Plenty of storage on the 4TB SSD

• Michael Leary

Is it the Native trojan like connection IP address with my IPS/IPS problem earlier this year? What IP is it connecting to? Maybe it's in my hosts file...

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Are you saying you are doing an “Install All”? If so, my recommendation…”Don’t”… do it either 1 or a few at a time… don’t ask why, just is…

• Michael Leary

Does not matter. I've tried that. Just stuck. New install. Held up by NA.

btw: the Komplete 13 Ultimate Disk (hard Disk) I used ONCE earlier this year also has a bad executable so my backup plan is moot. Stuck with this message when running the executable.

• DIS-ONE
    DIS-ONE Member Posts: 34 Helper

try deleting Native Access. And reinstall the newest version from the website. Usually that works. Also. The registered Komplete 13 Ultimate should be on your " My Products" page. you can always re download that..

• Michael Leary

I installed the newest version from that very web site.

Already Registered too. All Hardware done, DAW in place, mixer, Notion, Finale, MIDI Hub, All cables and Sound - et al. Everything but yearly subscriptions. I have one of the newest and fastest laptops you can buy just for this install.

Just wanted to shape Native storage as the DESKTOP in WINDOWS is for OneDrive (which has its limits). This you learn the hard way from software programmers who use user desktop and other user branches that sync. You just don't install GB's of Native or any one else to a user's email linked account logon (WINDOWS 11 WILL REQUIRE AN EMAIL SOON). Heads UP. I have two wounded 2021 64GB Laptops already from my Native wanderings. None of this is alien. It just is not connecting and its happenned with normal installs before screwing up the desktop OneDrive. Could it be in defense of UDP? Moldy Ports? Trojan activity detected by IPS hardware with support last year. Their IP is especially allowed in spite of detections now. If the Native IP gets tagged as suspicious - like it did earlier last year (IPS/IDS) it gets put on the good list. Obviously, a night of downloading (because a certain KOMPLETE ULTIMATE hard drive does not work was no big deal .. separate issue. I just went to native.com & installed the latest version and adjusted directories using a NATIVE website link to my SSD and went to bed late (Bandwidth gulp) and in the morning watched it crater for no good reason. Even survived a backup. Even 12 hours later.

Rebooted a couple times and continues to crater on whatever title it starts with. No Kontakt. No Maschine.

• Michael Leary

Tried this tip. Its old but maybe someone knows if the link URLs they show are valid, especially AWS.

Stopped Analog Strings (running = not)

The top of the list went to a now detected KOMPLETE ULTIMATE hard drive item (Disk Icon).

Another overnight with no further downloading (Waiting)

• Michael Leary

Support cannot help with this. They just send out standard Windows firewall port info. This was working and no longer will finish.

Support is a long process with Native and it is showing.

• Michael Leary

Native only wants to sell to vendors. There is no adequate product support. Buyer Beware.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin

Unfortunately, this is not something our online community will be able to help you with. Looking at your ticket, it seems to be a very specific issue with your system / settings. Our team seems to be doing their best to understand what can be the cause but again, it's not an issue affecting other users or something we can reproduce which means it can be a bit more challenging to figure out.

Our teams will follow-up with more suggestions asap but in the meantime, don't forget that we sent you individual links so you can install everything outside of Native Access.

• Michael Leary

No links were sent. I am sending a normal email response. Online links for the 87 Items seems odd, but I do not see these links.

• Michael Leary

Number changed up to 135 now. Can you tell me how to install these download link files once I have them (ISO, EXE and ZIP)? It seems to be three file formats so far and I have no idea how to run them as an ISO for example

Also one Windows version link is broken and wants to download an Apple product and some are not shown at all in your list. I will continue thru the long download and update you with any more additional issues as you work thru the original problems for this ticket.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022

ISO - How to Install a Software Program From an ISO File | PCMag

EXE - Double click.

Zip Right click -> Extract all --> Whatever type of file is extracted, follow directions above.

If you have any issues with #2 and 3 above, just Google it!

• Michael Leary

This kills a Broadband bill but thanks. I figured there was a utility like the Native Access ability to see titles purchased and licensed and know how to update. Not sure what the after affects are when NA gets fixed. I'll look at NA afterwards and see where the count moves. was 78 now 135 and I have a list of titles not found from the support links set to download these. So many new issues along the way.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Michael Leary Long shot here but another user with a similar issue manages to solve this by using a VPN, most likely because their internet provider has a heightened security. I know we usually don't recommend using a VPN but maybe worth a shot?

Can't install, stuck on "searching for updates", tried so many things