No Serial for Kontrol S4?

Savard
Savard Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited February 2022 in Native Access

Hi! After years of inactivity I want to sell my equipment. It's a Kontrol S4 (MK1) and a Kontrol F1. To avoid problems for the future buyer I have questions:

1. When I am logged into my account, only the F1 is shown as registered hardware. The S4 is not there. There also is no serial number anywhere on the device. Did the MK1s not have a serial number? Looks like the device works without registration.
  2. In my account there is a "TRAKTOR PRO 2 for TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 HW" listed. Am I correct when I assume that this Traktor Pro 2 License works only with the F1, and I cannot sell them seperately (for example S4 plus Traktor)?
  3. That Traktor Pro 2 version still qualifies for the TP3 upgrade at the reduced price (49€)?

Thanks! I just want to make sure I advertise everything correctly.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert
    Answer ✓

1) You probably did not register your S4. I think, HW code was printed on a card that came with it. Maybe NI could give you new one, or say what registration code was assigned to your S4 (if it has the production number).

It would be handy to have the registration number for future buyer, as it probably also gives him licence for Traktor.

2) Yes, bundled SW (TP2) should be sold together with HW (F1).

3) Yes, TP2 licence (bundled with F1) should be upgradeable to TP3. It may even happen, that new F1 owner will get TP3 and not TP2.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Answer ✓

1) You probably did not register your S4. I think, HW code was printed on a card that came with it. Maybe NI could give you new one, or say what registration code was assigned to your S4 (if it has the production number).

It would be handy to have the registration number for future buyer, as it probably also gives him licence for Traktor.

2) Yes, bundled SW (TP2) should be sold together with HW (F1).

3) Yes, TP2 licence (bundled with F1) should be upgradeable to TP3. It may even happen, that new F1 owner will get TP3 and not TP2.

• Savard
    Savard Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you for your answers. Quick follow up: where can I get the production number from? Is there a setting in the driver or so? There is no number on the device itself and I no longer have the package or any documentation that came with it...

• Kubrak

I do not know. The best would be to contact NI. Or sell it without SW (Traktor Pro). :-(

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,546 admin

@Savard Unfortunately if you never registered it, our support team will need at least a picture of the serial number to prove your ownership. :(