Mapping

Mctwist
Mctwist Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited February 29 in Mapping Traktor

Hey there I have some interest in figuring out mapping. I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I had some mappings for my dicers that were the absolute best. Since dicers are no longer supported the mappings no longer work with traktor 3.

How would one open the mapping file to see what it's doing or can someone give me a basic run through on how to map stuff to my z2 buttons? I'm looking for beat stop, echo and something else to make a stop echo sound by the push of a button. It will stop the track and echo out that end part.

Ay help.would be great. Thanks

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod
    Answer ✓

You can try my mapping for Z2 which includes the Echo Freeze feature and also the mixer effect selector on all four decks.

You can find it in the TOOLS section here - https://traktormaps.com/tools

Otherwise if you need help mapping yourself after testing the file, let us know.

Answers

• Stevan
    Answer ✓

You can try my mapping for Z2 which includes the Echo Freeze feature and also the mixer effect selector on all four decks.

You can find it in the TOOLS section here - https://traktormaps.com/tools

Otherwise if you need help mapping yourself after testing the file, let us know.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro

Nice! Thanks for sharing your Z2 Mapping. I Will give it a try in the next few days and a donation too ;) Cheers

• Stevan

Thank you as well mate. If you have feedback about the mapping, let me know. I haven't updated it in a while.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    edited May 2023

I've actually wanted to give you detailed feedback on your mapping for the DJM-S11 for over a year now and I still haven't managed to do it... I hope it doesn't take me so long to do it with this for the Z2! 🙈

Meanwhile I'm doing a little bit mapping by myself and have made a hybrid with the basis of yours and another mapping from DJ Ush, which i now use on all mixers of the S series (DJM S7 / S9 and S11) But sadly there are a lot limitations due to HID and strange results with the on and off state by modifiers.

• Stevan

No worries and thank you. Let me know when ever you have a chance to test the mapping for Z2. I don't use it as a mixer since faders are done but it still serves as a sound card and controller for my brother's PC.

• Mctwist
    Mctwist Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Guys thanks for your help. I have a mapping I got from djtt on my z2 which is mostly filters and kinda works the way I want it but I'd like a flanger in there as well.

I don't know if the manual shows how to map the buttons or not or if someone could walk me through how to map one button and I could take it from there.