Flickering browser

DimGem
DimGem Member Posts: 9 Member

why there is this flickering broswer problem from 3.5 version and above

am using ver 3.4.2 for not having this problem , its so hard to fix this ?

i have to go to the latest versions and i am avoiding this for the flickering browser

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,217 Expert

Very annoying bug :( I HATE it.

If I understood the devs correct, they will fix it with the browser rework that is on the roadmap:

The problem is they are very slow. Maybe one item every 4'ish month. And there are 3 - 4 features before the rework.

Last year I joke about browser flickering will be fixed summer 2024 :))) But that might be realistic at this point.

• DimGem
    DimGem Member Posts: 9 Member

If I have to wait so long it’s better to move to Serato I think

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I like Serato for few things but really dislike that you can only view 1 streaming service at a time. Why that is I have no idea.

• lord-carlos

Or something standalone based on Engine OS 🙏

If you want to stay with computer, take also a look at Virtual DJ and algoriddim DJ. They have gotten quite capable.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 121 Helper

Really?

You people so often look at the song browser? The flickering is quite rare. And because of this you are determined to change whole application? 😀

• lord-carlos

Well if you want to create a set.

For me it happens every time I sort or filter a playlist.

• Isotoxin
    edited May 2023

Every few days I'm sitting at my laptop at least for an hour and managing my library. Setting beatgrids, cue points, moving tracks to playlists, deleting unused songs, analysing new songs and so on. And to be fair, I don't remember when the last time I have seen the "please wait. Syncing. Or something" flickering browser. I'm sure I have stumbled into this annoying thing, but for now, I don't remember when it was last time. 🤔 But I'm remember for sure, the flickering doesn't made me think about changing the application to any other one. 😁

• lord-carlos

Not everyone has the issue. If you don't have it, be glad :)

If I sort after BPM, every time I interact/select with a track I have to wait 2'ish seconds. Otherwise commands might not work.

Select track, blink blink blink, ff through the songs to see if I like it, add to prep list, blink blink blink, select next, blink blink blink etc.

You you want to skip a few tracks? Good luck, the commands "select next track" might not work while it's blinking.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I haven't noticed there is any flickering untill I have read the thread about it few months ago.... And when I have totally focued on that I saw kind of very short blinking while screen is rewrited....

But I have only 2-3 000 tracks... It looks like that most people who complain have about 100k and more.

One user found out that if one ticks that editing track fields is not allowed, some kind of flickering gets much better better....

So, no problem for me, or people around me that have up to 30k tracks.... But sure, would be fine, if NI makes it work better....

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

This. The waiting to make sure your next command is working.

This is particularly bad when using a mouse/trackpad, as Traktor may decide you still have you finger on the button and move a random track up or down your playlist.

• Isotoxin

Does the Traktor does this with a playlists or when browsing the file system?

• Sûlherokhh

Only the playlist contents can change ordering, so it only happens in playlists, and then only if unsorted (i.e. sorted by #, not by bpm, key etc.).

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

But there is IMHO no flickering issue for not sorted (sorted by #) tracks in playlists. And if sorted one cannot change order of tracks. Well, actually could, if user edits value that is used for sorting...

So, what is the problem?

• Sûlherokhh

(sorted by #) makes it flicker less, but doesn't eliminate it.

• lord-carlos

Kubrak is back, trying to convince people there is no problem and it's all in their head.