KARRIEM RIGGINS DRUMS in Maschine

adic27
adic27 Member Posts: 65 Member
edited March 2023 in Maschine

I just now realized that this release is for Kontakt and not Maschine. Shame. Anyone use it in Maschine? Is it possible to load like a regular expansion as far as the 16 pads. It would only make sense For them to allow this!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Answer βœ“

You can absolutely use it in Maschine. πŸ‘

As long as you download the Kontakt 7 player (for free) from Native Access, you can play any Kontakt instruments in all the Maschine variants (including Mikro, just not M+ in standalone though it works fine in controller mode).

Once it's installed in Maschine, just go to keyboard mode (not pad mode like all Expansion drum kits) and shift the octave down to C1 where they start and you can play it on the pads perfectly.

Answers

• Peter Harris
    Answer βœ“

You can absolutely use it in Maschine. πŸ‘

As long as you download the Kontakt 7 player (for free) from Native Access, you can play any Kontakt instruments in all the Maschine variants (including Mikro, just not M+ in standalone though it works fine in controller mode).

Once it's installed in Maschine, just go to keyboard mode (not pad mode like all Expansion drum kits) and shift the octave down to C1 where they start and you can play it on the pads perfectly.

• Peter Harris

Glad it worked for you. πŸ‘

• Cas
    Cas Member Posts: 3 Member

Ok, but I guess you can't move the drum sounds around then right? Gotta get used to the kick and snare positions that come with the kit. Or change the color of the pads.

• adic27
    adic27 Member Posts: 65 Member

It's fine by me. It's set up just like a typical Maschine expansion layout. Honestly, I haven't tried moving them. Might be possible, as well as changing colors of pads

• ini4
    ini4 Member Posts: 24 Helper
    edited May 2023

While typing my response I found a bug in the routing of audio from the current version of Kontakt to Maschine, which broke my Karriem Riggins group. I'll reach out to NI, and once they fix the audio routing bug, this should work. For now you can use the stereo output from Pad 1, but the multi-output makes mixing so much more natural.

Here is my original draft:

Actually if you are feeling adventurous, you can use the Kontakt multi-output and the Maschine MIDI and sound routing to have each each pad in a Maschine group map to a pad in the Kontakt instrument. It took me a while to setup, but it works. The Karriem drums is loaded on pad 1 and pads 2-16 send MIDI to that pad. To get the audio to route out of each pad separately, you'll need to first setup the standalone Kontakt to use the 16 stereo output layout as default. Then you can go into Maschine and route the audio for pads 2-16 inputs from pad 1 and the Kontakt channel, which makes mixing easier. You change the pad colors in the normal way to match the plugin pads. I have saved this as a group from easy recall, but you'll have to make sure you load the group +Routing.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 337 Guru

@sybil8 : Maybe @ini4 is seeing the same issue you're seeing with routing?

• ini4

@darkwaves this is definitely the same. I haven’t heard back from Support yet.

• sybil8
    sybil8 Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

thanks all

i recently heard back from support that multi routing is not working with kontakt as per this scenario at the moment

• ini4

The latest Maschine update fixes the multi routing. My Karriem Riggins group now works again.

• EmAge
    EmAge Member Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2023

Hi,

does anyone know how to use the step mode with Kontakt libaries ?

Edit: NVM, I think I got it.