Are there any plans to add support for 4K displays in Kontakt?

nijhazer
nijhazer Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hi--

I'm learning how to make music with Reaper and Komplete, on a 4K display. Kontakt is so tiny that I can't actually use it. Example screenshot provided below.

A quick search shows that NI is aware of this issue, but I wanted to know if there's any information about whether or not it will be addressed, and when.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Information is same as always... It is acknowledged as in need of revamping (like all their GUIs), Possibly one day (there has never been a guarantee of it), unsure as to when exactly so any time from tomorrow till the end of time at a guess.

That's about as much as anyone has been able to gather.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    Answer ✓

Information is same as always... It is acknowledged as in need of revamping (like all their GUIs), Possibly one day (there has never been a guarantee of it), unsure as to when exactly so any time from tomorrow till the end of time at a guess.

That's about as much as anyone has been able to gather.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod

Exactly as above.

For the time being I would definitely suggest not using Kontakt with 4K monitors, have a secondary 1080p monitor if at all possible.

• SH-1
    SH-1 Member Posts: 28 Helper
    edited February 2022

And If it's unacceptable to run a 1080p display anywhere on the system, like in my case, you'll have to bite the bullet and simply stop using / spending money on NI products until they are sufficiently compatible with your system. For example when Komplete 14 rolls around this should be a very important if not the most important deciding factor for purchase IMO.

I won't stop dreaming though... at some point there's hopefully a true Kontakt competitor both in terms of features but also content and I won't have to keep pestering NI with stuff they don't seem to care about enough to make it a real, must-have priority.

For now that future has not come to pass yet. But who knows.

I know I sound bitter but at this point (5 years into exclusively using HiDPI displays and reading the same kick the can down the road response everytime) it's very hard not to.