Does the Kontakt 6.7.0 update apply to plugin?

DDmUSA
DDmUSA Member Posts: 29 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

I have a question regarding the recent Kontakt update to version 6.7.0. I had reported an issue that occurred within Pro Tools while using the Strummed Acoustic in Kontakt. If a track in Pro Tools (Windows 10) was record-enabled, I was able to use the strummed acoustic and hear the corresponding audio while recording. However, after the recording, if I tried to play back the track without the track being record-enabled, the play back was garbled (sounded static-y). Since the issue was reported, I did a batch re-save of the sample library to version 6 of Kontakt since I had versions 5 and 6 installed, and I now have the 6.7.0 update of Kontakt installed.

I created a new Pro Tools session at 48,000 samples and 512 buffer, and I seem to be able to record and play back the strummed acoustic without hearing the static during play back while the track is NOT record-enabled.

So... I have two questions:

What exactly corrected this issue? And.... did the Kontakt update to 6.7.0 include a new plugin for Pro Tools? The release notes located at the following link make no mention of an updated plugin.

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/39/official-update-status-kontakt-current-version-6-7-0/p1?new=1

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Kontak is Kontakt... if you see an update it applies to Both the Standalone and Plugin versions. (regardless of plugin type) There is a strong possibility that one of the other fixes/enhancements also fixed your issue, since it is not directly indicated in the changes.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Kontak is Kontakt... if you see an update it applies to Both the Standalone and Plugin versions. (regardless of plugin type) There is a strong possibility that one of the other fixes/enhancements also fixed your issue, since it is not directly indicated in the changes.

• DDmUSA
    DDmUSA Member Posts: 29 Member

Thanks for the reply.