Issues when changing Battery Kit names?

three_eyed_otter
three_eyed_otter Member Posts: 25 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Hello to All,

Will there be any negative consequences if I change the Battery Kit names with the expansions? I want to know what kits come with expansions when browsing Battery. I have to open the File Explorer for the specific expansion & then browse using the kit names as I read them from the Explorer. I want to change the kit names to reference its expansion, e.g., from Boron Kit to District Xeo Boron Kit (or something more concise like DX Boron Kit).

Have a good one,

3EO

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

No Devastating effect...Just make sure you rescan the libraries in Battery, or the names will not change in the browser...If you use Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, you will need to rescan the libraries as well.

Only CONs are, if you have a hard drive failure, and need to re-install, all names will revert back to the original and any existing projects will fail to load the kit based on the old name!!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

No Devastating effect...Just make sure you rescan the libraries in Battery, or the names will not change in the browser...If you use Maschine or Komplete Kontrol, you will need to rescan the libraries as well.

Only CONs are, if you have a hard drive failure, and need to re-install, all names will revert back to the original and any existing projects will fail to load the kit based on the old name!!