Sustain Pedal Not working after Kontakt Update?

SalMakesMusic1991
SalMakesMusic1991 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi everyone! I've been working with NI on my M1 Pro MacBook for a while now with no issues. I recently updated Kontakt to 6.7 with the new support for ARM devices but I noticed my sustain pedal stopped working on my Keylab 61 Essentials. If I go into Komplete Controller, there isn't even a tab for Pedal settings. None of my other VST's have issues registering my Sustain pedal, wondering if there is a fix for this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SalMakesMusic1991
    Answer โœ“

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure what I did, but it started working again! I did a reinstall of Kontakt and Komplete and it seemed to work ๐Ÿ™

When I meant all instruments weren't responding, it definitely was any instrument that normally uses CC64. Noire, Kontakt sample library, Gentleman, Hybrid Keys, Massive, etc and even my third party VSTs. All seems to work now and I will definitely try that script out next time thank you!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022

You have posted a screenshot of Komplete Kontrol, and there is no Pedal option for Third Party KB Controllers under the Midi section. A Kontakt update would not affect Komplete Kontrol in any way, so the best way to see what is happening is to Load Kontakt Standalone, Load the KSP Script "Midi Monitor" and see what is happening when you press the sustain pedal. Also, what Instrument are you loading in Kontakt that is not responding to CC64? (Please don't say "All of Them", please provide a specific example!!!)

• SalMakesMusic1991
    Answer โœ“

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure what I did, but it started working again! I did a reinstall of Kontakt and Komplete and it seemed to work ๐Ÿ™

When I meant all instruments weren't responding, it definitely was any instrument that normally uses CC64. Noire, Kontakt sample library, Gentleman, Hybrid Keys, Massive, etc and even my third party VSTs. All seems to work now and I will definitely try that script out next time thank you!