Extract a block from an ensemble by Chet Singer

windplayer
windplayer Member Posts: 32 Member

Hi! I would like to use a part of the "Dannenberg Brass" ensemble by Chet Singer:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13607/

It is the mute function on the lower right side. If somebody could help and extract it as (stereo) block, this would be fine.

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023

You can use his Block

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/11879/

Dannenberg Wind Oscillator

On default Blocks are always in mono except a builder created one in polyphone. For stereo please use the Round Reverb with low settings,

• windplayer

This block Wind Oscillator has another function. I only want to have the mutes as effect. They are a kind of filter (for brass instruments).

• Paule

You can go in conversation with Chet here in the Reaktor forum. Ask him for a personal Block, will you?

• windplayer

I think, he can not do it at the moment. Not because he does not want to do it (I asked him); he struggles with health problems, I think.

• Paule
    edited May 2023

That isn't MUTE only.

There is a complete system. 4 outputs mute size wavetable and brilliance. The last is one input of for air control and 5 new ouputs. If you you only need mute, that's simple.

input Inst. is output of the choiced instrument, right upper corner. Mute is the lower right knob.

STR, CUP, BKT, HAR and STM you can select in this macro.

EDIT:

No that isn't enough to take the mutes only. It needs the breathcontrol also. That's isn't easy, it's inside of a larger macro. My tip for you: use the Dannenberg Brass not the Block. Inside the Block is the breath control missing.

• windplayer

Hey Paule, thanks, you did have a deeper look in the ensemble! It is a pity that you can not extract a (working) mutes-block as effect out of this ensemble. It would have been nice to use it with other virtual instruments.

• KoaN
    KoaN Member Posts: 103 Advisor

You want the mute function as an effect?

The mutes are a bunch of eq settings depending on the choices you make...there are about 40 choices,combination of instruments and mute effect.

It is very easy to extract and make as an stereo Fx.

Not sure it is what you expect it to be,it is just different eq settings but here you go.

• windplayer

This is great - and exactly what I want. THANK YOU!

Is it possible to get the "optical view" from the original (see the 2nd screenshot)?

• Paule
    edited May 2023

@KoaN

Mute a trumpet isn't the same. That is the effect section.

Your macro mute the audio to zero output.

• windplayer
    edited May 2023

For me, your ensemble works!

It has the view like in the 1st screenshot (with possition "11").

It would be fine to have the position of the mutes ("off", "str" etc.) to be shown.

Otherwise, it is perfect!

• KoaN
  • KoaN
    edited May 2023

I don't know what you mean Paule,he wanted this as an effect it works...you need to put audio through it.

I used one knob instead of two "instrument and mute" for selection there are 40 settings.

Last upload i put the 2 knobs back as he wanted to see the parameters.

• Paule
    edited May 2023

In Brass instrument you can play a muted trumpet with a different freq scale.

If you simple mute the audio there is no sound anymore.

Or I understand the question wrong. Then excuse me please I'm no expert - a guru only. 😯

EDITH:

Yes Koan, you're version works. I add some building blocks by Chet and the gui windplayer desired:

At Info in the instrument is the description of the gui.

MUTE

Attaches a mute to the bell.

OFF - No mute.

STR - Straight mute.

CUP - Cup mute.

BKT - Bucket mute.

HAR - Harmon mute.

STM - Harmon mute with a stem.

• KoaN

I already did that Paule on my second upload as windplayer asked for it.

Check that version.

Only the mute selection knob is not enough for all the selection,if you check my last upload you need 2 knobs,mute selection and instrument selection....this way you get all the 40 different settings possible.

• windplayer

Thanks for all this work. I will try tomorrow!