Maschine shows Kontakt 7 when I load Kontakt 6

bzyboy
bzyboy Member Posts: 63 Helper
edited May 2023 in Maschine

I currently own the full version of Kontakt 6 and the player verson of Kontakt 7. After installing Kontakt 7 player whenever I load an instance of Kontakt 6 in Maschine, the right screen on my MK3 shows the graphic for Kontakt 7 which can be confusing. I verified that it is indeed loading Kontakt 6. I looked in the NI Resources/Image directory and there is one folder for "Kontakt" which it looks like both Kontakt 6 full and Kontakt 7 player are using for the graphics on my controller. Anybody know a way to fix this? Or create additional folders etc to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• bzyboy
    Answer ✓

Checking that box didn't change anything. The scenario I am referring to is only when choosing the VST3 versions of the plugins. I ended up just renaming the kontakt folder under NI Resources/images so it now just displays the generic names of the plugin since the folder no longer exists. This is good enough for me. I appreciate you trying to help.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

Can you post a screenshot?

• bzyboy
    edited May 2023

Here's what my MK3 shows:

And here's what shows on my Kontakt plugin:

I expected to see a folder for each in the NI Resources directory but there is only one "Kontakt" folder and it looks like both Kontakt 6 full and Kontakt 7 player are using the same folder to display graphics on the controller.

• bzyboy

I also tried creating a "kontakt 7" folder with different images but it didn't work. I'm not sure how to get kontakt 7 player (or maschine) to look into that specific folder for the graphics to display.

• Jeremy_NI

@bzyboy If you tick (or untick) this box, does it have an effect on your issue?

• bzyboy
    Answer ✓

Checking that box didn't change anything. The scenario I am referring to is only when choosing the VST3 versions of the plugins. I ended up just renaming the kontakt folder under NI Resources/images so it now just displays the generic names of the plugin since the folder no longer exists. This is good enough for me. I appreciate you trying to help.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey, there was a new update for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine fixing some issues related to Kontakt 6/7. Please update with Native Access and let us know if it fixed the issue.

• bzyboy

Nope, issue is not resolved. Both Kontakt 6 full and Kontakt 7 player plugins are still looking in the same folder for displaying graphics on the MK3 hardware:

Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/NI Resources/image/Kontakt

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 41 Member

Thought I had to do all my Rump Shaker 808/Bass over again.