Is it possible to re-map the SHIFT control on an X1 mk2 ?

springreverb
springreverb Member Posts: 11 Member
edited February 29 in Mapping Traktor

Is it possible to re-map the SHIFT control on an X1 mk2 ?

I'm presuming you have to go to MIDI mode, which is a pain as its too slow and too many button combos when you're in the heat of the moment.

Tagged:

Comments

• springreverb

I tried making a map with the MIDI mode and it doesn't work properly.

The browse knob when assigned to the browser is not exact one click per entry, jumps or sometimes doesnt inc or decrement, same for the looping knob, grrr, anyone experienced with this controller?

Kontrol X1 mk2.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,661 mod

Do you want to completely remap the controller or do you just want to add functionality to the native mapping?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

Sounds like a mapping issue. I have X1 MK2 and it is flawless in both Default and Midi Mode.

If you could upload your TSI then we might be able to look into it ans let you know more.

• springreverb

HI,

Really appreciate the help, I just want to use SHIFT+ buttons and knobs overwriting controller mode but it didn't seem like you can map SHIFT in the controller mapping?

Do you have your flawless mapping for the MIDI mode, I mean I don't need this if the shift can be remapped.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod
    edited May 2023

It is not traktor mapping in my midi mode, it is mapped to other software. (productivity tool, not DJ tool)

What you need is a single modifier mapped to the Shift button inside the default mode.

Inside MIDI mode you don't need to setup modifiers, it is built into the hardware.