Patch sounds are clipped in Komplete Kontrol / Logic

Maxhombre
Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member

Hi Ni people

I have a 2020 intel Mac / OSX Monterey / 128GB Ram / S88mk2

Ive just done a complete reset on my system wiping the Mac and reinstalling everything from scratch but using Komplete Kontrol some presets not all when playing are clipped and do not sound properly not sure why? any help much appreciated.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

@Maxhombre Was that happening before the system reset?

Do Logic & Komplete Kontrol have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Any instrument or preset would show this problem? A Kontakt library? A Massive preset?

If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, is everything functional?

Are your libraries installed on an external hard drive? What format is it?

• Maxhombre

Hi Jeremy,

many thanks for your response

everything is ok in full disk access with Native Access / Ni Daemon/ KKontrol all present and selected.

im only having problem with a few of the Ni libraries some I’ve managed to resolve but at the moment ie Kinetic metal and Noire which when you load it there’s no sound at all and on some of the other Ni big libraries like Session bass / Studio drums / kinetic Metal etc on the preview in my S88mk2 the preset preview sounds are clipped so it doesn’t play a small preview of the patch preset it’s just a tiny clipped sound, But when you open another Ni instrument it works fine? No idea what’s going on but I did check the installation path which is all correct but there is an orange line around current location which seems to be on the insts that don’t work

Not sure if I need to trash a pref or database again? The one thing I did do as I have two partitions on my Mac drive one for sample library, I did download the Ni library to my Mac partition then copy it over to my library partition and relocate it again in Native Access

ive included a snapshot of what the installation path looks like as it has an orange line around it as if there is a problem?

kind regards

maxhombre

• Jeremy_NI

What format is that external hard drive or Mac partition?

• Maxhombre

Hi Jeremy When I spoke to Apple prior to wiping the drive and reformatting they said to use APFS.

• Jeremy_NI

@Rich_NI Have you seen this already ? This yellow installation path box?

• Maxhombre

I have seen a yellow line around a couple of the installation paths