Minimum size Control S needed for Picked Nylon

Ricky Keytardo
Ricky Keytardo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi all. I have a weighted 88-key controller that I love for my piano pieces. Just now starting to do orchestration and the Control S series appeal to me. For playing and controlling an instrument like the Picked Nylon, can I get away with the 49-key or do I need the 61 in order to utilize the full range of the instrument while also having real-time control? Same question for more of the orchestral sounds. Desk space is at a premium. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@Ricky Keytardo

For orchestral sounds you will need S88, at least for some.

I have used to have S61 and because I wanted full controll without switching, I went for S88. Beside size S88 difers from S49/61 also in keybed, S88 has weighted, while the rest semiweighted. And S88 is real big and heavy.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert

The 49 keys version, if moved on the right octaves range, allows you to have in view all the assigned keys (selectors and patterns)

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@Ricky Keytardo

For orchestral sounds you will need S88, at least for some.

I have used to have S61 and because I wanted full controll without switching, I went for S88. Beside size S88 difers from S49/61 also in keybed, S88 has weighted, while the rest semiweighted. And S88 is real big and heavy.