Issues with Waves plugins not loading in Maschine

drebrownbeats
drebrownbeats Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Maschine

Hello community!

I have the Maschine MK3 and have Waves plugins, but I am not able to use them in Maschine. Some of the plugins were showing before but ever since I upgraded my plugins to Horizon, none of them appear when I try to add them for mixing. They show the plugins loading at start up and are also shown when I do a plugin rescan, but still nothing. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the model Mac I have (2014-2015 I believe), but that seems not to be the case in my opinion as I'm able to use them fine in FL Studio. Does anyone have a possible solution?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

none of them appear when I try to add them for mixing

Do you mean they are not in the list of available plugins (vst2/vst3/Au) and you can’t even chose them or that when you load them their UI doesn’t appear on screen?

• drebrownbeats

@LostInFoundation Yeah, I cant see them at all

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Quite strange if they are showing at plugins scan.

Where are you searching for them? In the browser or in the drop down menu?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert

What version of Waves do you have and what is your macOS version? Have you checked that Waves and your macOS version are compatible, especially if you are not using the latest Waves release?

Also, what method do you sue to auth waves? I have a USB license method (becasue Waves sux and charge you a yearly fee to access their rubbish from more than 1 machine) and if my USB is not detected on startup all the waves plugins dissapear when I open any DAW until I unplug/replug the USB and restart my DAW. If you are authed to your system using the systemID bind then likely that is not the issue but who knows, had and seen many issues with Waves over the years. Would never spend a penny more on their stuff.

• drebrownbeats

@JesterMgee I have mostly V14 of Waves and I don't think I was aware of their one machine policy. Does that mean I can use them in FL but not Maschine or do you mean a separate laptop/desktop? Could you also explain the USB method? I know I have Waves Central and they are downloaded to my computer hard drive. Also, I've been hearing that people aren't liking the direction Waves is going. I just started getting into finding what would be the best product for VSTs and plugins so I purchased Waves before they moved to the subscription model.

@LostInFoundation I Started looking through the browser and found them there but was unable to open them. Doesn't show in the drop down menu.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert

I have mostly V14 of Waves and I don't think I was aware of their one machine policy. Does that mean I can use them in FL but not Maschine or do you mean a separate laptop/desktop?

It's 1 machine (if you do noit have an active suckscription) and 2 machines if you pay their $100+ USD a year access fee. Even when you "own" a Waves bundle which one purchases for a few thousand, you still have to pay to get updates. You can use in as many applications as you like, you only have a single license which if you need to use waves plugins on mpore than 1 machine (like most of us like to) then you either have to:

• Pay the stupid yearly fee
    • Deactivate the license on one machine and activate on another
    • Generate a USB license which you place on a USB stick and connect to the machine you want to use.

Could you also explain the USB method? I know I have Waves Central and they are downloaded to my computer hard drive.

Nothing much to explain that Waves dont already explain themselves, if you are asking the qquestion we can scratch this as a possible problem since you aren't using a USB license.

In some cases I have had an issue getting Live to see the plugins so I have had to go into the Waves central app and in the settings there is the option to delete ALL waves plugins and files then try a reinstall. It sometimes works.

Otherwise, all I can say is it's waves, they suck and there are SO many better effects plugins out there.