Native Instruments new brand identity

Comments

• Wouter De Muynck
    Wouter De Muynck Member Posts: 217 Pro

Maybe a contest could have been organised on this forum, I assume there are quite some graphic designers or other creative minds among the NI user community who would have be able to provide some solid conceptual designs.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

This forum is an attempt to “living knowledge base” with badges and reemwards… Hardly will see the place for decide anything. Surveys drop but never the feedback after them…

Maybe is delay for changing management? But then these desgin changes were decided… where? Why?

The forum user opinion is irrelevant for NI. Only wallet will determine they strategy (if so) and most users don’t care if new products are good as actual… but miss there’s no new hardware planned and it was “stated” it will be from third party in the best scenario.

Has SoundWide hardware division/brand? Maybe the resources were relocated and those design changes are also part of bigger picture… I HOPE!

It’s hard to keep faith after the slow and apparently “don’t grounded”* movements.

*From some users perspective of course.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper

I love the old logo

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru

the abbreviated logo looks aight

the full text version of the logo is too far removed from the look of the abbreviated logo IMO. These look like two different logos, not different versions of the same logo

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

I find it way too dark and ugly in a terminator judgement day fashion

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited May 2023

One more thought after visiting the NI website (the forum still has the old logo in the mobile version) and seeing the new logo and product typeface (mixed with the old product logos):

The old logos and typeface had a „German“ industrial design appeal, while the new one has some sort of „Asian“ arty touch in a cultural appropriation kind of way. It doesn‘t feel authentic and solid.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Until it is deleted several years later. Along with all the knowledge posted in it.

This forum is only a tool and nothing else.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 201 Advisor

Reminded me of KIA's logo. Doesn't matter if NI can give us a Maschine MK4!

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2023

<redacted erroneous stuff>

Anyways the new logo looks like A.I.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    edited May 2023

@Warren Postma How did you contact us exactly? Where and how did you send this email? Can you post a screenshot of that ni.com reply?

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member

Argh. it was my mistake. I used my google gmail address book and it was my error.

Warren

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

@Mutis said:

This forum is an attempt to “living knowledge base” with badges and reemwards… Hardly will see the place for decide anything. Surveys drop but never the feedback after them…

I'm with you on everything you said about them not listening to feedback about products but regarding the forum that is not the intention of the badges/rewards; any company forum naturally becames a 'knowledge base' regardless of any rewards.

Rewarding users that spend their time helping others with virtual badges or vouchers to get tangible free stuff seems like a playful and harmless way to give back, this forum provider has gamification features so we use them. With that said, the forum does feel like an alternative tech support place, the previous forum did too, it does get very boring to mostly have "how do I do XYZ" or "XYZ is not working" threads...

This is something very hard to change but if you have suggestions I am all ears, do tell because unlike the people in charge of sw/hw the forum team does listen to feedback, obviously, suggestions have to be technically possible and make sense.

• BrunoDSL
    BrunoDSL Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2023

I also prefer the old logo. You can't even be sure what the new logo means. Is it NI? AI? Maybe it's some shape that's supposed to mean something rather than a letter? The same applies to the new Kontakt logo. Is it a KT? Maybe some stylized chevron with the letter T beside it? Maybe it's some electronic symbol to signify NI's deep connection with synths and such?

If you want a better example of how you make a modern looking logo whilst still remaining some sort of vintage heritage to it, look at Arturia's logo. It's modern, minimalistic, simple, can be displayed in either color or b/w and you can be damn sure that it's a letter A composed of two sine curves.

I don't wanna be harsh, but this logo looks like something an intern came up with when it was told they had a 5 minute deadline to make new logos. It's lazy and uninspired and reeks of rushed.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited May 2023

I like old logo, this is sort of OK. Much better would be sort of sine wave signifying N and something vertical signifying I.

Something like N in following logo of company developing SW for electrocity producers/distributors. Customes did love that logo.