Download question

RichP
RichP Member Posts: 27 Member

I downloaded Kontakt 7 Player and then purchased Session Horns Pro. When I clicked on the download file a message came up saying I needed to download Kontakt Player version 6 as Kontakt Player was not installed on my computer. Does Session Horns not run on version 7 or can I uninstall version 6 after installing Session Horns.

Thanks

Best Answer

• RichP
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

If I click on that picture I get a list of the solo instruments only.

Just found out I had to double click the picture to see the perfromance and Keyswitch.nki

It is all good

Thanks

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Do you try to open a ticket at Support on top of this pages?

• RichP

No I did not. On the desktop I have both version's icons.

Versin 6 is where I find it.

Version 7 allows me to see a list of the solo instruments which I can select from and manipulate. But nothing else.

Not sure why, but it will take me a few more hours to go through the manual in order to get some understanding of it.

I also find it in my E samples drive which I selected for content location when I was installing.

Thanks

• Zaiden
    Zaiden Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2023

Session Horns Pro may not be compatible with Kontakt 7 Player: It's possible that Session Horns Pro is designed to work specifically with Kontakt Player version 6 and may not be compatible with Kontakt 7 Player. In this case, you would need to install Kontakt Player version 6 to use Session Horns Pro.

• RichP

Yes, I have it working in version 6. Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Session Horns should work with Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7. Can you post a screenshot of what you can find in Kontakt 7?

• RichP

If I click on that picture I get a list of the solo instruments only

• RichP
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

If I click on that picture I get a list of the solo instruments only.

Just found out I had to double click the picture to see the perfromance and Keyswitch.nki

It is all good

Thanks

• Kaiden
    Kaiden Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 24

Can you uninstall Kontakt Player version 6 after successfully installing Session Horns Pro on your system?

• RichP

Kaiden, Yes I did that last year. I run Session Horns Pro on Kontakt Player 7