Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3 and Logic Pro 10.7.8 not working anymore

marlin
marlin Member Posts: 9 Member
edited May 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

After updating Komplete Kontrol to 2.9.3 logic can't open Komplete Kontrol as an instrument anymore, Kontakt Batterie etc is working fine. Komplete in Single desktop mode is working "fine"

is it possible to Download version 2.9.2 ? I can't open any song in Logic if there is an instance of KK loaded. and this is the case in 80% of my songs.

i uninstalled and reinstalled KK already, nothing changed

Full disc access is granted

send a email to the support team with the helper tool findings but I don't have time. I can't open my songs...

Help pls

thx

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Answer ✓

@marlin @Jeremy_NI

I have found a way to sort the issue. I'm not saying it's the best or the only way but it has worked for me.

Downside is, it resets Logic a bit but my files open and work.

Fortune favours the bold or the stupid, I forget which one.

• marlin
    Answer ✓

Now with logic 10.7.8 and Komplete Kontrol 2.9.2. everything is working again on my Mac mini M1

Thanks to everyone here for helping me out!

I think I will skip Komplete 2.9.3 ;-)

Have a good weekend everyone

Answers

• [Deleted User]

It’s the same for Maschine (2.17.2)

I found that changing them back to using Rosetta will fix it until this bug is sorted.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Have you tried clearing your au cache then rebooting? Here’s a how to, the Rosetta thing suggests that may be the issue as KK and MAs shouldn’t need it now unless Logic is still ‘seeing’ an outdated version

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741289618-How-do-I-clear-my-Audio-Unit-cache-

• marlin

Hi Kymeia, thx for the tip but sadly It didn't helped. as soon I open a instance in Logic it quits the program with a warning.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod

@marlin Can you post a screenshot of that error message / warning?

Here is an installer for the previous version: Komplete Kontrol 2.9.2 for Mac

Does that fix the issue?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

Ok is this just with existing projects containing KK or also if you create one from scratch? And if you can create a new project with KK and save that do you get a crash when reopening that one too?

• marlin

Thank you for the installation link, I will try it out tomorrow in the morning… and here is a screenshot.

i startet a new blank project in logic, I load Battery and some other instruments, no problems even Kontakt or Kontakt 7 giving no problems. As soon I load Komplete Kontrol the following message comes an all I can do is to close the project.

thanks for your help… I will delete everything from the actual KK files and clear the cache reboot and than I will try the last version.

• marlin

Hi, this is for all existing projects if there is Komplete Kontrol used. And if I start a new project it will give me an error as soon I load a instance of KK, Batterie or Kontakt and Kontakt 7 having no Problems. Komplette Kontrole in Stand alone mode is working also fine. Tomorrow I will try to save the project once the error comes. And let you know

Thank you for helping

• [Deleted User]

@Kymeia

Thanks for your cache clearing tip, unfortunately it didn't work for me either..

In answer to your questions: for me, it doesn't matter if it's a new or existing project the result is the same. Below is the error message I received as soon I add an instance of KK or Maschine.

• [Deleted User]

I installed KK 2.9.2 this morning, cleared the audio cache, rebooted but the problem still persists.

Both apps are successful validated in Logic plug in manager.

I'm running both 10.7.7 & 10.7.8 and the issue is only in the latter..

• Jeremy_NI

@marlin @Scottkid If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, is everything functional?

If it crashes please follow thses steps: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

• [Deleted User]

@Jeremy_NI

Both work flawlessly for me in standalone and in 10.7.7.

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓

@marlin @Jeremy_NI

I have found a way to sort the issue. I'm not saying it's the best or the only way but it has worked for me.

Downside is, it resets Logic a bit but my files open and work.

Fortune favours the bold or the stupid, I forget which one.

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, make sure to give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol and Logic: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If issue still occurs, try deleting this file:

Macintosh HD -> Library -> Audio -> Plug-ins -> Komplete Kontrol.component

Open Logic, close Logic,

Reinstall Komplete Kontrol with Native Access.

Open Logic again.

Any luck?

• marlin

Good morning, I download

good morning, I will work on it right now.

if deleted Komplete Kontrol and Logic I will now install Komplete Kontrol 2.9.2 from the link above. then I will install logic from the App Store. wish me Luck