Help with connection to midi controller

RichP
RichP Member Posts: 27 Member

I keep loosing the connection with session horns and my midi keyboard.

If I go to Kontact Player standalone midi in and out and the Keyboard is off and I cannot turn it on. My audio interface is on and I tried turning that off and I cannot get the keyboard to turn on. I start a project and I have a connection and start recording. Then I loose the connection.

Best Answer

• RichP
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Jeremy, Thank you. If an issue comes up I will let you know. I created a word document from the article you referred me to and placed it on my usb drive for future reference.

I spent some time this the afternoon learning how to add articulations to a horn line and had no issues.

FYI- For anyone who may have an issue with adding articulations I discovered that depending on the Daw used you may find the articulations in the midi editor of said Daw at a different octave.

I use Reaper and found out the octave is C0 not C-1. You would still use the keyboard at C-1 but I discovered a better way. You can simply place a note in the articulations octave manually in order to use an articulation. This allows you to play the line and articulate after the fact. Good for us non keyboard players, and as a bonus you only need one instance of session horns to do it. Great for users who have computers that cannot handle the additional cpu usage with multiple instances of session horns running at once on their Pcs.

Thanks again,

Rich

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@RichP What is your operating system? What MIDI keyboard are you using? What DAW are you using?

• RichP
    edited May 2023

Device name PCAUDIOLABS-DAW

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz  3.50 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

Device ID 2064FE57-4238-4D2E-9836-00AF3DE2975B

Product ID 00326-03108-94793-AAOEM

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Keystation 49 Keyboard

Reaper Version 6.79 64 Bit

I have an update. It is working in standalone mode but as a plugin I get no signal showing in session horns pro. I have now started a new project on two occasions as a test and the connection comes back but as I continue to work with it I loose it. I have checked the outputs and inputs in Reaper and Kontakt and they appear to be correct.

I followed instructions early this morning in order to set up using multiple solo instruments while using only one instance of Kontact per project. I do not see an option to undo this so I uninstalled and reinstalled kontakt player but the problem is still ocuring. See below

1. F2 show output

2, Select Batch Function under Presets/Batch Configuration

1. Select Clear output section and create one individual channel for each loaded instrument

This worked but I do not know if it is causing some sort of an issue now.

Is there an option to do a factory reset of Konrakt Player

FURTHER UPDATE

Went back to original project. Keyboard working so I finished recording the track. Playback, no sound.

• RichP

Latest update.

I switched from Kontact Player6 to Kontact Player 7 and removed the earlier version. Everything appears to be working properly at this moment. I will need to spend more time later today but I have been messing with this since 5 am and need a mental break. lol.

Thank you all for your help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@RichP Thanks for the update, get some rest and let us know if everything is still functional.

In the case you would need it, to reset Kontakt to default, follow the steps of this article: KONTAKT Crashes

• RichP
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Jeremy, Thank you. If an issue comes up I will let you know. I created a word document from the article you referred me to and placed it on my usb drive for future reference.

I spent some time this the afternoon learning how to add articulations to a horn line and had no issues.

FYI- For anyone who may have an issue with adding articulations I discovered that depending on the Daw used you may find the articulations in the midi editor of said Daw at a different octave.

I use Reaper and found out the octave is C0 not C-1. You would still use the keyboard at C-1 but I discovered a better way. You can simply place a note in the articulations octave manually in order to use an articulation. This allows you to play the line and articulate after the fact. Good for us non keyboard players, and as a bonus you only need one instance of session horns to do it. Great for users who have computers that cannot handle the additional cpu usage with multiple instances of session horns running at once on their Pcs.

Thanks again,

Rich