Error Messages in Maschine 2 (and others) after updating to Komplete 14 Standard

jcshirke
jcshirke Member Posts: 19 Member

I just updated from Komplete 12 to Komplete 14 Standard. Since then, I've encountered several problems.

Maschine 2 will not load many sounds. There are too many errors to mention them all, but here are two examples. If I try to load Drums, it will say "Battery could not be loaded." If I try to load a piano, it may say "Reaktor could not be loaded." And so on. Some things will load, but most will not. The preview sounds will play, but double clicking any program will produce these kinds of errors.

Similarly, when I launch Komplete Kontrol, some instruments won't load. Battery 4 is one example. I get the following error message: ""Loading Issue: Plug-in not found. Please open the standalone application to rescan, or rescan manually in the Plug-in preferences."

I've rescanned all my Plugins in Logic (10.6.3), and I've even reinstalled Maschine 2 and Battery using Native Access. So far, nothing works.

I'm on an iMac (2013), MacOS 10.15.7

I was hoping Native Access help articles would sort this out, but, so far, it hasn't.

Please help, if you are able.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• jcshirke
    Answer ✓

I think I've solved the problem. I needed to launch the standalone versions of Maschine 2, Komplete Kontrol, Absynth 5, and others that were giving me problems. Rescanning the plugins upon launch of the standalone allows me to use it as a plug-in in Logic.

I guess my confusion was due to the fact that I launched Battery 4 as a standalone, but that didn't do anything. What I needed to do was launch Komplete Kontrol as a standalone, so that Battery (and all the rest) would then open inside KK when I launched it in Logic.

Posting this here in case anyone has the same issue.

Answers

• jcshirke

Other things I've noticed: Many instruments won't load in Komplete Kontrol, not just Battery. I get the same error message, so I'd imagine the same solution will fix all of these KK issues.

When I launch Absynth 5 on its own (not inside KK), I see no presets in the Browser. Further menu diving reveals that they are all disabled. Is that normal b/c I should launch it inside KK instead?

I'm just wondering if all these issues are related.

• jcshirke
    Answer ✓

I think I've solved the problem. I needed to launch the standalone versions of Maschine 2, Komplete Kontrol, Absynth 5, and others that were giving me problems. Rescanning the plugins upon launch of the standalone allows me to use it as a plug-in in Logic.

I guess my confusion was due to the fact that I launched Battery 4 as a standalone, but that didn't do anything. What I needed to do was launch Komplete Kontrol as a standalone, so that Battery (and all the rest) would then open inside KK when I launched it in Logic.

Posting this here in case anyone has the same issue.