Native Access no longer accept the default application folder

Oldenborg
Oldenborg Member Posts: 12 Newcomer

I think that I somehow have corrupted my Native Komplet 14 Standard installation. Native Access no longer accept the default application folder. Please notice the screen shot. The folder by the name Native Instruments exists and the path is correct, but I keep getting the error. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,253 Expert
    Answer ✓

Someone from Native Instruments said that this question mark is just an indication and doesn’t mean things are not working.

If you install an application, does the procedure success or you get some error message?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

Someone from Native Instruments said that this question mark is just an indication and doesn’t mean things are not working.

If you install an application, does the procedure success or you get some error message?

• Oldenborg

Thanks for your answer. It installs all right, but the application isn't placed in the desired folder together with the other NI instruments. I have trouble finding out exactly where it goes... I would like to tidy up my NI installation, because I'm experiencing some instrument loading issues.. Would like to go back to scratch.

• LostInFoundation

Are you sure the disk letter corresponds in the path?

I know you said the path is correct, but sometimes is easy to overlook that instead of C:/Applications/Native Instruments it says D:/Applications/Native Instruments

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 271 mod
    edited May 2023

Hey @Oldenborg !

What happens if you edit and save (without establishing a new directory)? Does it remove the icon?

If that doesn't work, what about changing paths back & forth?

Lemme know if any of this helps.

• Greg Malick
    Greg Malick Member Posts: 4 Member

I don't know if this helps but I discovered that changing the default folder doesn't take effect until you close & restart Native Access. At least that happens for me.

• Oldenborg
    edited May 2023

Thanks for the answers. Status is that the default install folder still isn't acceptet by Native Access. I'm sure that the path is the right one. I tried to rename the folder to be absolutely sure.

But as everything besides that works I've decided to accept things as they are. I have all library besides Abbey Road 60 drumms installed on a ssd hard drive. AR 60. drums loads extremely slow, when I load the instrument from the SSD hard drive. I tried to move the library to my internal hard drive on my mac, which solved the problem.

I tried to find out which library Native Access use when new plugins, effects and instruments are installed. As fare as I can see, this library is used: Library / Application Support / Native Instruments

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper

Is your external SSD formatted as Mac APFS? NI Support article on this at https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/214134545-Notes-on-Hard-Drive-Formats-on-Mac-Computers

• Oldenborg

Nope, I didn’t think og that. Stupid me 🫣. It’s only the libaries that I’ve placed there. The installation files are placed on the internal drive shivaen is much faster. I’ll try to reformat the ssd drive a day, when I have plenty time. I took me a while to get the things running to the point where I am to day 😢