Using Maschine and Komplete Kontrol in a Live Setting

Options
Ryan Christman
Ryan Christman Member Posts: 45 Member

I would like to have the ability to quickly switch between instruments in a live setting using Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. Is it possible to load one instance of Kontakt onto 1 pad in Maschine and switch between multiple loaded instruments within Kontakt by triggering different pads? Or do I have to actually open up an instance of Kontakt onto as many pads as I would like to have instruments to play during the live event?

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,289 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

One Instance for every instrument. Unless you want to wait the loading of the next instrument. Or unless you want to load multiple instruments in one Kontakt session and mute/unmute them every time you want to switch.

One instance for every group (or pad) will allow you to move between Instrument’s with just the press of one button and have the controller’s midi focusing just THAT instrument

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,289 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

One Instance for every instrument. Unless you want to wait the loading of the next instrument. Or unless you want to load multiple instruments in one Kontakt session and mute/unmute them every time you want to switch.

One instance for every group (or pad) will allow you to move between Instrument’s with just the press of one button and have the controller’s midi focusing just THAT instrument