Ableton into Traktor Aux

Sacco Naz
Sacco Naz Member Posts: 125 Advisor

Is it possible to "pipe" Ableton into Traktor?

I want to add some extra beats etc... which I can do with Link but it will not record into the Traktor Mix Recorder.

Is there a way to send Ableton audio into Traktor for recoding purposes?

Thanks

Comments

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 296 Pro
    edited May 2023

can you describe your setup or environment for this situation a little bit more?

• for example, you can maybe route Ableton to one of you Traktor decks as a live input.
    • did you mix intern or extern?
  • lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

With a virtual audio device you can route maschine/Ableton or any DAW into traktor. Native instrument have an article about it, you can also find a few youtube videos on how to do it.

• Sacco Naz

If you use live input you can only use internal mix mode which doesn't really work for DJing...

I was hoping not to use up a Track Deck but rather use the Aux line....

And using Virtual Audio devices like Jack look easy but there always seems to be issues....

I was hoping there was some preference where Traktor would route Ableton audio into itself...

I don't think this is really the case...

Thanks for the responses...

• lord-carlos

Oh, you are using external mixing mode with an hardware mixer?

In that case, can't you in ableton select the same sound device and a deck? Going around traktor for the output, but get rec out back from the mixer for recording?

• Sacco Naz

Yes I could do all that... but it's kind of a long story... I was hoping for Aux input selection...

I'm not technically using a "Mixer" I'm using a Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre USB as an external interface....

Hence, External Mode

And recording the mix with Traktor Mix Recorder...

• lord-carlos

Sweet setup.

I don't think you are using external mixing mode. If you would, you could not control volume or EQ and they would be greyed out in the UI.

My best bet is to get an external recorder. Or a cable from master out back into the scarlet line in. All not optimal.

• Sacco Naz

Yeah your'e right maybe it is Internal Mixing Mode...? I've tired using and external recording devise but like you said... not optimal!

Thanks again!

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

Check out this video, then come back for a chat:

(12) Using Ableton as effects unit for Traktor - djsetup.de (English) - YouTube

Basically, the REVERSE of what you want to do (so, you'll route Traktor into Ableton) but once you do, you can go wild.

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 227 Pro

There's a much sexier way of doing this. Using Jack Router (Win) or Soundflower (mac) you can route you individual Traktor decks into Ableton Live on their own individual channels.

What does it mean? Well, it means you can record each individual Traktor Deck to it's own channel in arrangement view. ****** up a transition? Fix it in Live after you've recorded your mix.

Check out this video, then come back for a chat:

(12) Using Ableton as effects unit for Traktor - djsetup.de (English) - YouTube

Basically, the REVERSE of what you want to do (so, you'll route Traktor into Ableton) but once you do, you can go wild.

• Sacco Naz

Yep that might just be the way to do it and just record the set in Ableton... But I'll need to upgrade my computer... I'm running a 2015 MacBook Pro with 16GB of Ram...

Just waiting on MI to optimize Traktor for the M2 chipset