VST 3 Shell and Maschine

tempsperdu
tempsperdu Member Posts: 320 Pro
edited February 2022 in Maschine

I've been using VST3 shell for some time now and so far it's been pretty useful, but lately even after extensive scanning it's not been able to see some plugins.

Sonnox Claro, Nugen Stereoiser, Monofilter and Stereo Placer.

Anyone any ideas why this might be?

They all show up in Reaper and Meta Plugin, but seeing as I still do most things in Maschine it would be good if I didn't have to rely on 'outside' help.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,626 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Hey @Matt_NI @tempsperdu VST3 is not yet supported by Maschine, except for NI VST3 plugins. I understand that you're using Vst3 shell to overcome this. Unfortunately we don't support that. Maybe you can contact https://www.xlutop.com/ about it (if this is the vst3shelll we're talking about). Maybe some other vst3shell users have a workaround. Sorry, there's not much more I can help with on that matter.

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @tempsperdu

Any ETA on when it might actually become usable in Maschine?

Well, I don't have an ETA but to give you an idea, step 1 is to get all of our plug-ins to the VST3 format, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol included, step 2 is to support VST3 in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol for our own plug-ins, then NKS plug-ins, then step 3 will be to support third party VST3 plug-ins. That means it won't happen tomorrow I'm afraid.

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

@Jeremy_NI Any idea on how to get this sorted?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @Matt_NI @tempsperdu VST3 is not yet supported by Maschine, except for NI VST3 plugins. I understand that you're using Vst3 shell to overcome this. Unfortunately we don't support that. Maybe you can contact https://www.xlutop.com/ about it (if this is the vst3shelll we're talking about). Maybe some other vst3shell users have a workaround. Sorry, there's not much more I can help with on that matter.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 320 Pro

Thanks for attempting an answer, I was kinda hoping that someone knew what was different about those plugins that they couldn't be seen. I'll contact the link you provided.

This lack of VST3 is getting harder and harder to workaround. Any ETA on when it might actually become usable in Maschine? 🙂

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @tempsperdu

Any ETA on when it might actually become usable in Maschine?

Well, I don't have an ETA but to give you an idea, step 1 is to get all of our plug-ins to the VST3 format, Maschine and Komplete Kontrol included, step 2 is to support VST3 in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol for our own plug-ins, then NKS plug-ins, then step 3 will be to support third party VST3 plug-ins. That means it won't happen tomorrow I'm afraid.