Checking status of support request

tomesson
tomesson Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Is there any way to check the status of a request?

I purchased a brand new Maschine Plus 5 days ago, and I'm getting the dreaded "This serial number has been already registered by another user" message. Apparently, one of the sales guys at the music store was demoing it and inadvertently registered it.

I submitted a support request 5 days ago (3927089), but no response yet. The music store also contacted NI and were told the de-registration was in process, but I still can't register my brand new device.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,310 mod
    Answer ✓

@tomesson My colleagues got back to you yesterday, you should be good to go. On a side note you submitted your request on Saturday, we're closed on the weekends, so that's approximatively 3 working days for a solution. I understand it is frustrating not to be able to use the product you bought, so thanks for your patience on that one.

Answers

• tomesson

I have got to say, this has been a very frustrating experience. The lack of response from NI Support has been alarming. As it stands, I've spent a large amount of money on a piece of equipment that I am unable to use.

• tomesson

Thanks Native Instruments. I've spent $1800 on a brick that I can't use. Where the hell is the customer support?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,195 Expert

It seems in these days they are submerged by request and therefore the answers are quite slow.

It’s something they are repeating from quite sometime.

In my opinion they should at least find a way to have a better “priorities” list, so that people like you not even being able to use a just bought expansive product won’t get frustrated and have a very bad first impression of the company.

I have an open ticket too from 2 weeks, but being not that “high priority” and knowing they are in troubles I waited to ask for informations on why they didn’t answer yet. But…in the next days I’ll surely start to lose my patience too

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

If the store sold it to you from new, they should swap it over and give you another instead of forcing you to wait for NI to fix their issue. Once they have it reset they can sell to someone else.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,310 mod
    Answer ✓

@tomesson My colleagues got back to you yesterday, you should be good to go. On a side note you submitted your request on Saturday, we're closed on the weekends, so that's approximatively 3 working days for a solution. I understand it is frustrating not to be able to use the product you bought, so thanks for your patience on that one.