does the komplete kontrol s88 mk2 keyboard have to be connected to a daw in order to play instrument

randyunderwood123_
randyunderwood123_ Member Posts: 14 Member

does the komplete kontrol s88 mk2 keyboard have to be connected to a daw in order to play an instrument?

Best Answer

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

No worries, yeah I also apologise because I kind of get frustrated as well when people post their frustrations on boards where we are all here to help. I tend to sometimes make an example when I see it but glad it answered your question. Don't worry, as each issue sorts itself out it becomes far less frustrating and should offer some value.

Answers

• randyunderwood123_

I'm very frustrated. I follow the troubleshooting steps to insure downloading of app and registration is done properly and still no response to previewing presets with the keyboard.

• JesterMgee

You can use Komplete Kontrol standalone to play instruments, what is your issue exactly?

• randyunderwood123_

I have been unable to open the standalone version.

• randyunderwood123_

How in the hell do I open Komplete Kontrol in standalone mode do that I can play instruments on my S88 MK2 keyboard!!!???

?

• randyunderwood123_

*SO that I can

• JesterMgee

Well, you open it like any other application assuming you have installed Komplete kontrol from Native Access !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Applications:

Or from Launchpad:

Or from search:

• randyunderwood123_

Alright smart guy......Just forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's that? I'm sure it will really upset you that I won't be asking you for any more advice.

• JesterMgee
    edited May 2023

Hey man, dont take it so personally, you asked a question with a fist hell full of ?????!!!!!!! and I didnt get all bent out of shape, just meerly showing how it can be perceived by others and why posting in such a way (as you clearly dont like it when others do) may not get you the help you ask for.

While I was perhaps being a little childish, Did it not answer your question?

Don't fret, I dont have delicate feelings so won't upset me in the slightest if you feel my help isn't needed, no hard feelings.

• randyunderwood123_

My apologies. I'm just frustrated. It did work. Thanks.

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

No worries, yeah I also apologise because I kind of get frustrated as well when people post their frustrations on boards where we are all here to help. I tend to sometimes make an example when I see it but glad it answered your question. Don't worry, as each issue sorts itself out it becomes far less frustrating and should offer some value.

• randyunderwood123_

Thanks Jester. I’m grateful for your help, really.

• Rick the black_smurf
    Rick the black_smurf Member Posts: 5 Member

Still does not work?

Yeah, this KK MK2 is not a plug-an-play-Instrument and it opens the world to a hole bunch of problems I never had in my life before. ☝️😎

• randyunderwood123_

Thanks Rick. The more I hear from this great community the more I relax and go with the flow of gradual enlightenment.