no sound with Tracktion waveform

Paresh
Paresh Member Posts: 36 Member

I'm trying to play back midi files with NI instruments but no sound. I replace Kontact 7 with Arturia & it works so the setup & routing are OK. There's something I am missing. Any help is appreciated. thanks!

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Did you check also the midi routing inside of Kontakt?

• Paresh

Yes I think yr right. i don't understand enough about Kontact. I was used to Kore & that was easy for me to use. I'll do more study. thanks.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
  • Paresh

Thank you!

• Paresh
    edited May 2023

I hate to be this dense, but I'm not getting it. I just want to play back midi files, not use a controller. Still no sound. When I go to audio configuration in options, there is no audio tab (untitled1) like there is in untitled2. Thanks for any ideas!

• Jeremy_NI

MIDI files and controllers respond to the same MIDI notes, messages and channels. Make sure you put the Kontakt instrument to the correct MIDI channel or to Omni.

The audio & midi configuration will only be available in Kontakt in standalone as in a DAW it is just a plug-in and the DAW takes care of audio & midi.

• Paresh

Thanks Jeremy, I'm getting closer I think. I configured the stand-alone version. In Waveform DAW I get sound from the instrument itself if I load it into the DAW master channel but none of the instrument channel strips are playing the midi file - the sound is just being generated by the Kontact instrument, not the midi file You can see the vertical volume bar in the lower right corner in the screenshot.

Waveform is configured correctly since Arturia plays back the midi files.

• Paresh

I think I got it - omni needs to be selected. Now I have this blue box I can't get rid of. Can you tell me what this is & how to clear it. Thanks for yr patience!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023

@Paresh This blue box only appears in Tracktion? What graphic card are you using ? IS it a high dpi screen? What are the display settings?

• Paresh
    edited May 2023

Only in Tracktion Waveform, AMD Radeon R5M335 card, 1920 x1080 display, don't know the dpi. I don't think it's a computer issue, I think i hit some key & suddenly it was there. I'll try to watch out for what i did if it happens again.

UPDATE: It just happened again. I moved Komplete Kontrol from one channel strip to another, clicked it to change presets & it appeared again - see attachment. I think it's a Waveform bug unless I'm not using Komplete Kontrol properly. I use it as a plugin like Kontact.