Ableton 11 and logic crashes

Karen
Karen Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I just bought the keyboard and software deal and after installing the all software that came with the keyboard Ableton 11 AND Logic Pro crashes everytime I try to use Kontakt in either the programs crash immediately. HELP!

Best Answer

• Karen
    Answer ✓

Thanks! Once I just used Kontakt 7 it worked! I think the old one was a default and messed everything up from there! Thanks so much for all your help!

Karen

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,263 Expert
    edited May 2023

First thing I would try is (if you didn’t already) to open Kontakt standalone to allow it to build its library.

Once that this is done, try again to open it as a plugin in your DAWs to see if they still crash

(it shouldn’t crash the daws anyway, eventually what could happen is just Kontakt not showing the libraries. But worth a try)

Another test you could do to narrow the causes is to load in the DAWs Komplete Kontrol instead of Kontakt (it is a wrapper for all NI products and it will load Kontakt within itself when you’ll pick in it a Kontakt library) and see if this path leads to crashes anyway

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited May 2023

What LIF said (shorter to write it like that, sorry @LostInFoundation )

If you open Kontakt in standalone and it also crashes, try these steps: KONTAKT Crashes

Then it should open in standalone and in your DAWs.

If that doesn't help, more context would help, like what is your OS and a step by step list of events until the crash.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,263 Expert

No problem JNI 😂😂😂

But not sure if people will understand you are talking about me (not in this case, since I was the only one answering )

• Karen

thanks for responding. I am on a Mac 13.2 (22D49). I tried the link: Kontakt Crashes and it it not fix the problem. I am getting some errors when opening Live:

Kontakt:

track "1-Kontakt" Today 10:02

The VST3 plug-in could not be found

Track "2-Kontakt" Today 10:02

The Vst3 plug-in could not be found.

In Logic Pro all the libraries are missing. The window is empty.

thanks, Karen

• Jeremy_NI

Hey Karen, for troubleshooting purposes please always check if everything is functional within the Kontakt standalone application. Does it crash in standalone or not? Are all libraries there or not?

Also, what is your operating system? We figure it's Mac but which version?

Make sure to give Full Disk Access to Kontakt, Logic & Ableton: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Have you enabled VST3s in Ableton? Can you load the AU version of Kontakt in Ableton?

• Karen

Thanks for helping. I followed the instruction for full disk access and Ableton still crashes.

Operating system: 13.4 (22F66)

I Enabled VST3s in Ableton.

I am not sure what you mean by loading the AU version of Kontakt in Ableton. I am kind of new to all this stuff.... :(

Kontakt stand alone app crashes immediately when I try to open it. However I also have Kontakt 7. Is that some newer version of Kontakt? Should I use that instead as it opens? I am confused by which program is the more complete or advance one.

Thanks for helping, I appreciate anything you can do.

All the best, Karen

• Jeremy_NI

Kontakt 6 is just named Kontakt, Kontakt 7 is the newest version. I know, it's a bit confusing.

If they do crash (or only one does) please follow thse steps:KONTAKT Crashes

Once Kontakt doesn't crash anymore you can try opening it in Ableton or Logic.

In Ableton on Mac you have the choice between AU (the Mac format, also used by Logic), VST & VST3.

• Karen
    Answer ✓

Thanks! Once I just used Kontakt 7 it worked! I think the old one was a default and messed everything up from there! Thanks so much for all your help!

Karen