How do I get the volume to go from low to high in Middle East library recording in Logic?

Bobby Rothschild
Bobby Rothschild Member Posts: 32 Member

I want to change the volume from very low to mid-high on my recording in Logic Pro. I've tried 10 different ways and the volume stays fixed (the volume level does not change) on the recording. The Modulation section under the wrench is over my head. There's got to be a better way than that!

How do I get the sound to go from low volume to higher volume on my recording in Logic?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Bobby, you should be able to make volume automations on the Logic track. You can also assign the volume slider of Kontakt to a host automation ID by dragging and dropping an unassigned host parameter and automate that ID in Logic.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

I would do it in logic, not in Kontakt. Use logic automations

• Bobby Rothschild

Logic's automation doesn't work on the patch.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

Wait…maybe I misunderstood: do you want the volume to increase from low to high during the playback? Or to be constantly higher?

• Bobby Rothschild

I'm trying to get a slow volume fade up during playback. This is not performance related.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey Bobby, you should be able to make volume automations on the Logic track. You can also assign the volume slider of Kontakt to a host automation ID by dragging and dropping an unassigned host parameter and automate that ID in Logic.

• Bobby Rothschild

Thanks Jeremy. I've moved on to another product from a company that really does make software for musicians and not programmers. Your marketing department does a great job of fooling a buyer about the ease of use issue. Those who write the documentation as well.