Maschine Jam/Machine Plus + M32 don't run while in controller mode

Kennedy
Kennedy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Maschine

my jam and the 32 actually are not able to run while I am in controller mode ..Any thought?

totally ok while in stand alone.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member
    Answer ✓

I believe the USB hub in Maschine Plus only works in Standalone mode. So you will have to connect the jam and M32 directly to your computer.

Answers

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member
    Answer ✓

I believe the USB hub in Maschine Plus only works in Standalone mode. So you will have to connect the jam and M32 directly to your computer.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Really? I haven’t tried it yet, but I was convinced it could work. This would be another “Why, NI?”

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

Because of driver, or even HW. But it would be cool, if it worked so. But similarly would be great if M+ could work standalone even when connected to PC and stream audio via USB to PC as if it is audio interface....

Many things might be better in this world of imperfection. If only.... Maybe M+ MK2, if it will come. My guess is if it will come, it will be with release of Maschine 3.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

NI should implement JACK into M+ distro.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

And does work it across devices? It looks to me that it is sort of "virtual cable" between applications on single device, not more devices. But I might have missed something...

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

Good question. I don’t remember if Jack has the ethernet/usb link from other solutions but it’s the only I can remember working for linux to embed it inside M+ distro.

In mac/iPad what you are asking for realm is called IDAM but is stereo for audio. There are third party solutions like iConnectivity but OS updates wrecks them since aren’t Apple own solution (like Audiobus vs Inter-App Audio and others)

Nothing is perfect. :/