Logic Pro is not working with Kontakt 6

jjaammee1122
jjaammee1122 Member Posts: 19 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Logic Pro is not working with Kontakt 6. It crashes when opening.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Could you please navigate in Finder to:

/Users/<your home folder>/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt/Db/kontaktdb2_56

and pack that file into a ZIP and attach it here. If you move that file out of that folder (or delete it), Kontakt should start again.

But it will be really great to have that database file in its current form before you move/delete it, in order to debug its contents.

Thank you!

• jjaammee1122

Thank you for the prompt response. I deleted it and now I'm able to open kontakt 6. Should I do anything else?

Loving the full bundle of samples thus far.

Question? Why do my installation downloads fail when I set them to be downloaded to an external? I have to download them to my main drive and then drag them to my external. No biggie, just a general question.

Thanks so much for your help.

• EvilDragon
    edited February 2022

Nooooooo, you deleted it! I specifically requested to pack the file up and send it before you delete it! It would have helped NI to find where the bug is.

• jjaammee1122

Sorry. I didn't get your response until after I deleted it. Anything I can do to help?

• jjaammee1122
    edited February 2022

I reinstalled Kontakt 6 and followed your above instructions and made a zip file. It says it's too big to attach.

• EvilDragon

If K6 opens for you after reinstall the database file is unfortunately not useful. We need the corrupted version of it that only happens when updating from previous Kontakt version to 6.7.0...

• jjaammee1122

Kontakt 6.7.0 is still crashing in standalone. It will not open at all.

• MarcLarcher
    MarcLarcher Member Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 2022

I have the same problem jjaammee has — kontakt 6.7 does not open as a standalone, apart when I just install it (after deleting everything related to kontakt, which is something…) And when I open it the first time, I only have access to its preferences:

Once I click ok, it silently quits and I can no longer open it. If I try to use kontakt in any app (Dorico, Cubase), it crashes that app. Dorico has diagnostic files that show that kontakt crashes because it cannot have access to a file (Finale GPO 2.0) on my documents folder. Problem is I never had that file in the first place!

If I can manage to get a Db file uploadable, I'll send it here ;-)

[Edit]: Unfortunately, that file is 0kB, there's absolutely nothing. But still, kontakt fails, no matter what. And the problem showed by Dorico is still that same nonsense :

« Application Specific Information:

abort() called

terminating with uncaught exception of type boost::filesystem::filesystem_error: boost::filesystem::status: Permission denied: "/Users/marclarcher/Documents/Finale GPO 2.0/" »

• jjaammee1122
    edited February 2022

I just purchased KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition ULTIMATE DL

Can't get kontakt to work

• EvilDragon

A ZIP of Kontakt executable itself is unfortunately not really helpful, because everyone has exactly the same Kontakt executable.

• EvilDragon

It definitely looks like it's trying to read a file that is not there anymore, or something. Try really deleting that database file so that it rebuilds properly, does Kontakt start then?

• MarcLarcher
    MarcLarcher Member Posts: 13 Member

The database file has been numerously deleted. That Finale GPO file has never (no, really, NEVER) been on my system. And this has been happening only since I updated kontakt to 6.7. The Db file is now empty, and the only way I'm thinking of to have an interesting Db file would be that I install 6.6, make it work, update again to 6.7. But for an unknown reason, nobody at NI is willing to share a direct download link to a working 6.6 version. Just wondering why…

• jjaammee1122

I just upgraded to KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition and Kontakt 6 keeps crashing. In stand alone and Logic Pro x. I'm on a iMac Retina 2020. macOS Catalina.

Need help ASAP. Projects are due. Thanks!!

• hlbj37
    hlbj37 Member Posts: 2 Member

Yes i'm having the same issue since the latest update, i really hope they find the problem soon...

• EvilDragon

Please delete the database file as mentioned earlier in the thread.