Midi learning additional buttons on subsequent pages for a plugin

Murat Kayi
Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Hi,

I got a Reaktor Blocks rack and Midi controllers (no komplete kontrol keyboard).

I know how to assign my faders to the mapped buttons provided through the nks functionality. Now, I want to assign an additional 9th button which was not there before. I add a button through adding another page and then the button, map it to a poti on the Blocks rack and I also midi learned two buttons on my midi controller to be able to jump through the plug in pages.

But how do I access this 9th button for actually midi learning a ninth fader on my MIDI controller to it? When I now press the "MIDI" button in the Komplete Kontrol software, I always only ever end up on the first page, regardless of whether I was on page 1 or page 2 when I pressed "MIDI". And when "MIDI" is activated for learning hardware buttons/knobs, I can't seem to find a functionality for changing pages. I can not use my previously mapped buttons to change pages, because pressing those would now map them to the newly created 9th button.

So, how on earth do I map this button?!

Best Answer

• Murat Kayi
    Answer ✓

Oh, I got it. It is not meant to be assigned to a different CC number. It always keeps the first 8 assigned numbers and you can only change the pages. I imagine this opens a new can of worms if you need to manage parameter 7 and 9 independantly, but at least I now know how this works

Answers

• Murat Kayi
    Answer ✓

Oh, I got it. It is not meant to be assigned to a different CC number. It always keeps the first 8 assigned numbers and you can only change the pages. I imagine this opens a new can of worms if you need to manage parameter 7 and 9 independantly, but at least I now know how this works