Installing Ni libraries

Maxhombre
Maxhombre Member Posts: 50 Member

Hi Ni people

have a couple of questions re: Native Access

btw I have 2020 iMac 3.6ghz intel i9 / OSX Monterey / 128gb Ram / Logic Pro / 2 x 1TB partition’s (1x Mac / 1x sample Library)

As I have had problems with Ni / Logic / Arturia I’ve wiped everything and am in process of reloading everything again for a clean system that will be clean for Time Machine b/ups.

My question is:

when installing the Ni library by default it has sent everything to a Shared / Users area on the Mac partition and I wonder if that’s it’s preferred place? And if it will cause any problems if I relocate it to the library partition? On Native Access some third party libraries say ‘locate’ almost meaning they are already loaded and need locating which is not the case as I need to reload them from Native Access so not sure how to get round that?

I tried to load Arturia V Collection from the Arturia installer too but it just goes ahead and tries to install without giving me the 3rd party extras option so that the .nksf files load too so that Arturia can be seen on my Ni S88mk2 kbd via Komplete Kontrol.

in all I am trying to get the whole system in the right place and cleanly installed before I backup to Time Machine.

any advice much welcomed

maxhombre

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,282 Expert
    Answer ✓

You can chose for the libraries the path you prefer. Better to chose it in advance and in Native Access settings already specify this path, so they will be installed directly there.

If some libraries say “locate” they should be installed (you just have to point at the folder where they are). If you are sure this is not the case, chose repair and reinstall them in the path you want.

Arturia should install NKS, so that their instruments are premapped for Komplete Kontrol

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓

You can chose for the libraries the path you prefer. Better to chose it in advance and in Native Access settings already specify this path, so they will be installed directly there.

If some libraries say “locate” they should be installed (you just have to point at the folder where they are). If you are sure this is not the case, chose repair and reinstall them in the path you want.

Arturia should install NKS, so that their instruments are premapped for Komplete Kontrol

• Maxhombre

Many thanks for this !

• LostInFoundation

You’re welcome

• Maxhombre

Is it advisable to move the Ni libraries from their present location Users / Shared on my Mac partition and copy them over to my Library partition and relocate in a dedicated Ni folder along with my VSL / Spitfire / Kontakt library folder so that all sample library is together or is it better to just leave them where they are in case it messes with prefs and causes me problems?