Does traktor 3 use a different time code to 2? Sync issues on DJM 900 NXS 2

Lorne ashley
Lorne ashley Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

Hey.

Was playing out last night on an up to date DJM 900nxs2, i had the most recent driver for the nxs2, too.

Its my first time using DVS on traktor 3, was using traktor 2 for the entire time is was released. So i know my way around.

However, the time code refused to sync with the programme. I was using the traktor timecode that worked for T2. Is it a different time code? or is a different set up>? Is there something I'm missing?

Any info would help. It was a hard 4 hours playing off my x1 last night and would love to get back on track with Traktor DVS!

Thanks in advance guys

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

The timecode should be the same. For the setup, take a look at this article:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000509157-TRAKTOR-PRO-3-Timecode-Setup-Guide

• Lorne ashley

Ok, thanks so much for your answer.

I'm back on the same mixer tonight, so I'm hoping!

I've also been trying to find the DVS files. I have an .aiff and an .mp3. But I must have made them YEARS ago. Would quite like a new one, since I've replaced everything else in my signal flow in prep for tonight. I must have downloaded them at some point, but can't find a file in my Native Access or my inbox etc. Or would I have ripped it off the CD years ago? haha.

Is there a place where I can re-download the files then? x

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

Someone uploaded it here on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/djbarto/timecode-traktormk2

Not sure if there is a better source somewhere.

• Lorne ashley

That us extremely helpful,!!!

thank you.

I’m in the club now, and it just happened again.. admittedly not a Traktor issue, but the nxs2 tool had greyed out menu items for the tone signal option… so I’m using HID mode.

I think it’s a firmware thing - the djm app didn’t work either.

Btw - where is the ‘Loop active’ button on a cdj2000nxs2?!