Making Music on holiday? Share your holiday setup!

Soutilé
Soutilé Member Posts: 20 Member
edited May 2023 in Social Club

Do you have a LITE Hardware holidays Set-up?

What do you take along with you... ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Just a laptop and my trusted A25 is enough for me. 😀

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

I don't do production on holidays, usually holidays are a time to get away from all of that however, I have other creative things I do on my holidays such as sound recording: I have a few different rigs I take along whenever I go anywhere to just record interesting sounds, usually I keep a recorder in my car which is setup for outback touring so I can sometimes head out for a week on an adventure. I also take my gopro and DSLR to do things like time-lapse and artistic photos etc. just to change up things (I am no pro photographer/videographer but still like to catch things in the moment)

Sometimes just doing this kind of stuff helps to generate creative ideas or just clear out all the noise from day to day life.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I have just bought Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD). It is Windows tablet to which one may attach keyboard. Just few days, but it is usable with pen to sketch tunes.

CPU is stronger than in Maschine Plus and also more RAM. So, it should be possible to do simple things in minimal, tiny setup. One could add pads, keys. I have seen "keyboard" that one may roll for transport. Not sure, if it is usable....

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

It easier to travel without computer. It stays at home waiting for me to return to it.

• argyre planitia
    argyre planitia Member Posts: 17 Newcomer

Holiday setup:

In any case: laptop, Maschine, audio interface. Perhaps a micro Korg, because it can serve as a MIDI keyboard and as a sound source too.

Perhaps Waldorf Iridium. Or a Boss RC-202 loop station. Depends, on what I want to focus an, and how much spare place is left in the car.

And: headphones!!!

• Soutilé
    Soutilé Member Posts: 20 Member

may 2023,

Took Macbook pro, mikro, and headphones .

made some fun beats,

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper

M+ that's all

just wish guitar rig for M+

• Sophiya
    Sophiya Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Laptop, Maschine, audio interface. I can sometimes head out for a week on an adventure. I also take my DSLR to do things like photos ,Videos etc.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

NO Electronics on holidays!

...ok laptop for sure, just in case, but nothing else

For me holidays are hours of laziness in my hammock under a tree, next to the sea ^_^