Is Play Series planned for Maschine Plus?

AdelV
AdelV Member Posts: 218 Pro

That some amazing Instruments and sounds. M+ need it in my opinion

What you think?

Comments

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited May 2023

It has been mentioned many times by staff, it is not planned, and moreover it has been hinted at recently that nothing is really planned anymore for Maschine, it is currently low priority, so if the abysmal release record previously was not low priority, then you can forget getting any more Maschine updates at all.

• AdelV

Sad;( Ableton please make Push 3 Standalone 😆😆😆

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,005 Guru

I just got myself an Akai MPC X SE.

It comes with 25 instruments out of the box, which is way more than Maschine+ and there are more to buy. There's also a proper browser and touch screen.

16 assignable knobs, each with their own display. It has onboard storage, plus an SD card slot, plus space for an internal SSD. I fitted a one gig drive and have all my old Akai S900/S1000 samples on there, plus all my Maschine Expansions. What's more, the storage is accessible when it's in controller mode, unlike the Maschine+.

I do still have and use the Maschine+ but NI could certainly learn a thing or two from Akai.

• AdelV
    edited May 2023

I'm thinking about MPC Live 2. I love This idea to have speaker on board and it looks fantastic to me. ❤️👌

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,005 Guru

The only thing with Akai is they don't offer bundle deals like NI, which is how I got most of my expansions.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro

M+ born dead but people love to listen what goes with their cognitive dissonance and hate what goes against it. Myself the first and maybe I was/am wrong… but how it gone against Apple Silicon?

Time/money/strategy… wasted.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

It has absolutely nothing at all to do with Apple Silicon, zero correlation, zero causation.

Akai is doing fine against Apple Silicon in the same market space as M+, this is 100% down to NIs lack of support, lack of feature updates, lack of anything that constitutes any care for a headline product, but this has also been the case pre Apple Silicon anyway, nothing has really changed.

Right now we are just hoping for Reaktor 6.5, because that will keep it relevant until most of Komplete becomes legacy if forum hints are anything to go by

If even Reaktor is not being invested in and that is a large portion of Komplete products, I think it is a possibility that Soundwide see NI as Kontakt and add ons only in the long term.

• Mutis

NI had “doubled teams” in the past (pre lay off era) and M+ was cancelled before “hit the run” button.

After lay off and merges the M+ developer was promoted into Chief Board and M+ released (almost a year later)

The motivation to cancel bu the previous board was account results as lay off. Money kept, Business healthy in the investors view. After promotion M+ was played as “is ready for production, standalone as trend, Apple changing OS each year is pita…” but to the question “what about the rumours of ARMacs?” these same people kept defending x86 model. They even stated at interview “Arm was considered but finally x86 embed platform was choosen” etc etc etc

NI is x86 dependant and AS broke the field. NI is still finishing the transition (leaving some deadbodys like abosynth in the process…) and Apple just launches Logic for iPad (full AS compatibility) again pushing forward the market.

Apple Silicon has everything to see with M+ and NI strategy even they (still) aren’t aware of how important is.

The moment Windows enter “right” ARM market (not like SurfaceRT) all will take sense. Another option is focus on “trucks” but NI isn’t focusing that market, just being later to changes… the market shift is slow but keeps going as laptop/desktop numbers poiny.

So we can keep thinking isn’t related but the whole pc field has been hit by AS M1 release.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert

It is related also in another (simpler) way: NI took as an excuse to not developing/updating practically anything for an entire year (or more) the fact that they have put all the resources in adapting to Apple new OS. Like if other companies didn’t have to do it…

Let’s face the reality: NI these days is underemployed (no people to work on things) or “bad employed” (the people working at NI are…let’s limit it to this…less able than people working in other companies)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 587 Guru
    edited May 2023

Why not just sample the Play series instruments? Perfectly doable right now, no need to wait for products or updates.. Is it just me or are people becoming increasingly lazy to DIY anything anymore..

As for soundwide, I do hope they understand that NI's core products have always been Kontakt, Reaktor and Traktor.. sure, they can ruin everything else but at least keep those three supported

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

Sampling an instrument isn’t as using it directly. A good workaround, but not perfect. This is just the perfect example: try to sample a Play series instruments and still be able to manage the 2 samples it is made of. Or Mysteria… people are not lazy…maybe they just know that sampling is not the SAME thing. If you are just a “push one key and get ONE sound” player maybe it’s ok, but if you play seriously using all the nuances these instruments allow to add…a sampled instrument is just as a Casio keyboard…

Far from perfectly doable. Unless you sample one single preset 1000 times tweaking all that it’s tweakable to have all the different nuances. And ending with 1000 sampled instruments per preset instead of one instrument modifiable at your will just turning knobs…

It’s like saying that instead of watching a movie you just snap a photo of one scene and that’s enough.

And about your second statement:maybe this are the core products FOR YOU. I don’t think Massive users, Battery users, Maschine users or anybody else would agree…

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru
    edited May 2023

Well, NI can "double-team" it in this way:

Team 1: Develop Kontakt, Reaktor, Traitor, Machine, Massive & Battery at the current snail's pace.

Team 2: Develop a "Next-Generation Kontakt" fast as possible for the new expectations of the marketplace. Focus first on just porting the current Kontakt 7 libraries and Play series into this new product. Buy some existing competitive product as a foundation if this speeds things up... Buy Modartt too!

Modartt would have been a much better purchase for Soundwide than Plugin Alliance.. jeez.

• Mutis

Market shifted from “Professional studios” into “Bedroom producers” and the gear gone from dedicated hardware like synths and compressors into virtual instruments and on the go production. Some new niches born like streamers and brands are adapting products to thedr new user cases but some brands try to keep themselves relevant in market isn’t there anymore…

Apple lead that shift from iPod era into Logic for iPad.

The moment Intel couldn’t deliver the first iPhone chip the history was written.

Keep repeating it to yourselves “Apple Silicon has nothing to see with x86 dependent brands failing…”

Nobody expected the M1 performance and Apple still not release Mac Pro solution but they has looooot of time to do it because they are the winners in portability and that market is ungrowing as days go. That’s why them abandoned (or made huge waits) that segment aside just being representative and can place certain prices with X0.000$ in their products (and the same for lower segmentd€)

If you can’t afford one of these you aren’t the kind of professional Apple is targeting but don’t believe these machines will be on the shelves… few Apple products become a fail and one of the latest was the trashcan macpro and it was by using AMD gpus…

From those flames these ashes

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Another good suggestion for NI (Soundwide) to buy to jumpstart "Next-Generation Kontakt":

Musio.

Rebrand and hit the market hard... catch up for lost time fooling around with old strategies.