Ensure OSC is enabled on program boot?

Englandsaurus
Englandsaurus Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello, I'm using Reaktor in a permanent installation. When the PC running the installation starts up, Reaktor is opened via a shortcut in the startup folder of the PC. This ensemble uses OSC to communicate with other software running on the PC and for some odd reason, the "OSC Active" box in Reaktor will occasionally be unchecked after boot, breaking audio for the installation. Does anybody know a way to make Reaktor always start with the "OSC Active" box checked, or if there is a script that can be run in command prompt to force it active?

Tagged:

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

If you set OSC to active save your ensemble again. Mayhaps with a different name.

• Englandsaurus

Hmm, I've saved it with the box checked and that seemed to work for a little bit, will try saving with a new name and see if that helps

• Englandsaurus

Alright I saved it with a new name and it still opened without OSC active. Is there any other way to set this active? Or does this setting just not get saved reliably?

• Paule
    edited May 2023

I don't have hardware to drive OSC.

In the manual „Diving Deeper“ page 15 ff are too much bohemian villages for me and I can't repeat them.

Please read and test by your own.

Up to page 32.

• Englandsaurus

Yeah I looked through the manual and didn't find anything relating to how to permanently enable OSC on an ensemble

• Paule
    edited May 2023

You can open a ticket at Support on top of this pages and ask NI driectly for a permanent setting of OSC, right?

The result of a test told me: it's a global setting only, not specific to an ensemble.

So it's on if you save the last version of Reaktor ensemble in standalone with on OSC and vice versa.

• Paule

IMHO the same is: you can't set midi/audio routing by ensemble.

It's also a global setting.

The vst's refer to the standalone. So be sure that the right setting is in standalone and the vst has a function with OSC on.