Vocal Colors - cannot load plugin

p8guitar
p8guitar Member Posts: 3 Member

What is vocal colors - is it a vst plug-in? a kontakt library? a Reaktor instrument? I installed it with native access and now I'd like to try it. I see the vocal colors instrument in Komplete Kontrol, but when I want to load a preset, there is an error message "Loading Issue. Could not load Plug-in." But which plug-in cannot be loaded? Reaktor?

Best Answer

• p8guitar
    Answer ✓

I was using a 'Kontakt' VST which is actually Kontakt 6. When I load the Kontakt 7 player, I can see Vocal Colors!

Answers

• p8guitar

I updated Kontakt and now I can load Vocals Colors in Komplete. Native Access shows me that Vocal Colors is installed. But when I open Kontakt, I don't see the Vocal Colors library there?!

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

There have been some problems with Vocal Colors on the initial release as far as installation, but supposedly they were quickly fixed after I opened a ticket with NI. The biggest issue, as you saw, requires you to have the very latest version of Kontakt installed for it to install and work properly.

I haven't had any problems once I got the updated release from NI and updated my Kontakt version. I think Komplete may still have a couple of bugs with it though. I see Vocal Colors listed in my KK directory of libraries, but there are still a couple of display and functionality bugs that I can work around pretty easily when I load it by selecting to display the Kontakt header in my Vocal Colors instance in KK.

I will say this is one of the most fascinating libraries I've purchased in a very long time and I think will be incredibly useful for my efforts.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@p8guitar what version of Kontakt are you using? You can check by clicking the NI logo in the plug-in's window. Vocal Color requires 7.3.1

• p8guitar
    Answer ✓

I was using a 'Kontakt' VST which is actually Kontakt 6. When I load the Kontakt 7 player, I can see Vocal Colors!

• MichelO
    MichelO Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited December 2023

I bought Vocal Colours, I have Kontakt 6 and Kontakt player 7.6. In Player I get the error below but I cannot download 7.7 from Native Access...because it is not there as an update. Also a lot of libraries do not work in Kontakt 6 anymore after updates (I know install the old versions but that is really really not my mistake because Native Access made me do it without any warning ;-) ) I can't understand how an accomplished manufacturer like NI can mess up so big.

For now the question is, how do I get Kontakt Player 7.7 and why is there, again, no warning about versions?

(update, after installing the new Native Acces I could update to Kontakt Player 7.7)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

If 7.7 is not available as an update that’s usually when your OS doesn’t meet minimum requirements

• MichelO
    MichelO Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

In my case the new version did not show up in my previous version of native access. After installing the latest native access version kontakt player 7.7 did show up