Some Observations on New NI Libraries from NI Partners (Vocal Colors)

DunedinDragon
DunedinDragon Member Posts: 446 Pro
edited May 2023 in Kontakt

I just downloaded a new library from NI which is the Vocal Colors library developed by Galaxy Instruments. It's an awesome idea and I think will be very useful in creating synth-like sounds using human voices. However, I've noticed some things that bother me that I've noticed in some of the other partner offerings to some extent but are MUCH more obvious in this one in it's first release.

The big one is it's been released without any regard for integrating with Komplete Kontrol as it doesn't provide any MIDI keyboard direct integration even for transport control much less keyboard guide lights.

Almost as important, there are no key switches defined which limits the versatility to whatever is in the preset and how you set it up is what you've got for that track.

*Of course the first aggravation I hit was the first day release had a bug that didn't allow me to run it once I got it installed. No big deal as I was able to fix it on my own and the NI customer support immediately told me they caught the bug in the initial download and already had it fixed the next day...but c,mon....anyone ever heard of testing before release.

I don't mean to be overly critical of NI because I do love their products. But what bothers me is this release is so far below the basic level of NI products in terms of the things it's missing I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get a fully functional library working and what are they going to charge me for something that should have been there from day one to upgrade to it?

Tagged:

Comments

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

"The big one is it's been released without any regard for integrating with Komplete Kontrol as it doesn't provide any MIDI keyboard direct integration even for transport control much less keyboard guide lights."

Are you sure? My copy seems OK from this angle.