Why I can't install Kontakt Player?

von Klamke
von Klamke Member Posts: 4 Member

I have a problem with installing Kontakt Player with the NA 3.3.1. Almost immediately after clicking on install, I receive a message "installation failed". Right now I have to do workaround with using the demo mode of full Kontakt 7 but it is a lacklustre solution.

I've filed a ticket (39018210) on april 20th, but the only response I got was the automatic one.

I have a Win10 pro laptop, 16 gigs ram, kontakt libraries installed on external ssd.

Best Answer

• von Klamke
    Answer ✓

Hey, thanks to the fact that summer (of sound) came early this year I managed to solve the problem. I uninstalled and removed the registry entries for all Kontakt versions...

... but it still didn't help.

So when I bought K14 update I started with installing full Kontakt 7. The same error occurred.

Then, I checked installation preferences..

...and one of the folders was choke-full of .iso and archived files of installs downloaded by Native Access. It looks like Native Access doesn't clean after itself, and all the installation files (including interrupted download of Kontakt Player, which was the culprit) remain on the hard drive even after successful instalation, and (for whatever reason) sometimes prevent installing/updating, even when there is enough free space.

So, the thing is fixed and i post it for people from the future who may stumble on it.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023

You can only use one Kontakt: Kontakt full or Kontakt Player - not both at once.

Do you own Kontakt Player 6? Please uninstal it before dl a new version and clear the registry also.

• von Klamke

I own Kontakt 6 (full) installed, just waiting for Summer of Sound to upgrade, but then I will loose access to few libraries I have, that require full Kontakt... Jeez, what a lame and strange obstacle... Will check in the evening, and let you all know for future reference.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @von Klamke

What OS are you running exactly?

Please provide a screenshot of your Installation Preferences in Native Access so that we can take a closer look.

• von Klamke
    Answer ✓

Hey, thanks to the fact that summer (of sound) came early this year I managed to solve the problem. I uninstalled and removed the registry entries for all Kontakt versions...

... but it still didn't help.

So when I bought K14 update I started with installing full Kontakt 7. The same error occurred.

Then, I checked installation preferences..

...and one of the folders was choke-full of .iso and archived files of installs downloaded by Native Access. It looks like Native Access doesn't clean after itself, and all the installation files (including interrupted download of Kontakt Player, which was the culprit) remain on the hard drive even after successful instalation, and (for whatever reason) sometimes prevent installing/updating, even when there is enough free space.

So, the thing is fixed and i post it for people from the future who may stumble on it.