Only Kontakt 7 Player / Reaktor 6 Player shows up in Native Access

Oldenborg
Oldenborg Member Posts: 12 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Native Access

I just received NI Komplete Kontrol S88. It comes with Komplete Select, but right now NI has a special offer, so I can upgrade to NI Komplete Standard for free.

Unfortunately, I don't see the upgrade option anywhere in Native Access. I only see Kontakt 7 Player, and all the sampled instruments that I load in Kontakt are loaded in a demo version.

Where do I go wrong. Can anyone help? I hope this can be fixed, as it was the main reason I went with the S88.

Best Answer

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited May 2023

This page says that you'll need to add your S88 keyboard serial number (which can be found on the flyer in your product box or on the underside of your keyboard¹) inside Native Access in order to get Komplete 14 Standard.

Click the "Add Serial" link in Native Access, enter the serial number and hit the "Add Serial" button.

¹ see How to Find Your NI Product Serial Number or How to set up your Komplete Kontrol keyboard

• Oldenborg

Thanks for the answer. I allready added the serial, and it was acceptet by the system. Sorry, I didn't give that information.

• Monochrome

No worries 🙂 Try hitting the Refresh icon (circle with an arrow) in the top-right corner of Native Access or restart Native Access. Logging out and back in again could also help.

Is Kontakt 7 (full ver.) showing now?

• Oldenborg

I have tried the refresh button several times and restarted Native Access. I'll not around my studio computer right now, but I'll try to log out of Native Access later and will keep you updated :-)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,318 mod

@Oldenborg Everything seems to be registered on your account so it should be working now. Let us know if not ;)

• Oldenborg
    edited May 2023

@Jeremy_NI Thank you for looking into the matter 😊. Unfortunately, I still have no luck getting Kontakt 7 installed. I see Kontakt 6 Player, which is installed, and Kontakt 7 player, which also is installed. I see Kontakt Factory Library 2 (not installed yet). But no signs of Kontakt 7 full version in Native Access. Shouldn't it appear here?

In Kontakt 7 Player I tried to hit the button "I have an upgrade serial", but it just sends me back into Native Access, where I once more provide my new hardware serial, and it tells me, that I again successfully have registered my new Komplete Kontrol S88.

I'm running demo versions of Noire, Session Guitarist Strummer, Session Strings 2, The Grandeur and Vintage Organs.

I haven't installed Reaktor yet. Here I only see Reaktor Player.

I also would like to install Guitar Rig Pro, but only Guitar Rig Player appears (installed).

What to do from here?

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod
    edited August 2023

If the issue persists, please carry out the following steps:

Go to the following directories listed below that pertains to your operating system:

For Mac:

Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center

For Windows:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

Then delete the following .xml files:

Native Access.xml

Next, please go Go to

Mac: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Native Instruments > Native Access > ras3

Win C: > Users > Public > Public Documents > Native Instruments > Native Access > ras3

• delete the activation token of K7(P) / R6(P):

K7(P):

9259876f-e616-4e21-bc27-0b506868e1d0.jwt

R6(P):

39232cc5-01ba-4404-b5aa-00af0c82b92e.jwt

• restart computer, open NA & press refresh

You can find more informations on these steps as well as more to try:

Native Access Error Message: "Activation failed...Internal error during activation"

Restart your computer and Native Access afterwards.

If the issue persists, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Oldenborg

@Rich_NI Thanks a lot :-) Everything works fine now. What a releaf!

Just to be clear, didn't I do something, that I should have done? If so, how do I register the software bundle and where do I find the serials?

• Wouter
    Wouter Member Posts: 12 Member

I have exactly the same problem. Everything is loading as a demo because Kontakt 7 can't be found anywhere.

I've added the serial number, received the email that everything was ready in Native Access, and then I started downloading. Then everything started showing up as demo, which was quite a disappointment.

• Wouter

It's become such an issue that it started crashing Logic (I suppose I had to start and stop downloads, restart Native Access etc.) which caused it, but I was able to delete some files in the Library folder on my Mac which allowed Logic to open again, but I'm really too scared to shut the machine down and restart, as I need the machine to work. I mean, it's 2023, software shouldn't be that complicated or cause crashes.

• Wouter

I'd also like to know how to get Kontakt 7 (not just the player).

• Wouter

Please also update mine manually, as it's not as it should be.

• Monochrome

@Wouter Have you tried what Rich_NI suggested (deleting Native Access.xml file etc)?

It may sound a bit tedious to do, but it's worth giving it a try.

• Wouter

Hello @Monochrome do I need to restart the machine, because I need Logic to load this weekend? I booked an appointment with the Apple store if Logic keeps quitting for Sunday mid-day, but would prefer having it work like it did before I tried installing Native Instruments. It's something I use daily professionally. I've never had to do this on my mac.

• Wouter

@Monochrome I've followed the process, but now Logic crashes on launch and my Native Access took roughly 15 minutes to load, only to show most of the items as DEMO versions. Next to the Native Access logo, it also indicates a circular 'loading' wheel, which doesn't seem to go anywhere. I am unable to open Logic now, not even use the new software/hardware.