kontakt shreddage 3 distoring

Vinnie61q
Vinnie61q Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi,

I am using Kontakt 7 with Shreddage Hydra 3 for Guitar sounds in Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio.

I had 4 instances (tracks) of guitar working with no problems.

Now i have a small random distortion and glitching on all instances.

I have not changed any settings and have updated all software to most recent versions.

I have checked buffer sizes, processing chains and effects, but no change. Any help appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,198 Expert
    edited May 2023

Did you add other tracks to the project (even not shreddage tracks)? Or more fxs?

Or do you have other programs opened that could use ram?

• Vinnie61q

HI, Thanks for the response. I do have other tracks. About 15 tracks in total. Addictive Drums and some other presets. Only minimal FX running. One rev send track and a few channel EQs.

Nothing else running except background stuff i cant turn off. Just Mixcraft with Kontakt vst.

Any other ideas??

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited May 2023

Are you using the internal (built-in) sound module or an external audio I/O with real ASIO drivers?

What kind of horsepower does your computer have?

It helps everyone help you if you include your system specs (CPU, clock rate, RAM, primary & secondary storage, OS, audio interface model) in your profile.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Vinnie61q Any update?

• Vinnie61q

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. I have updated my profile with some info of my system as suggested. I cant find any currently installed ASIO drivers. I think the system has defaulted to the Focusrite drivers for my interface. The issue is very specific to guitar tracks from Shreddage 3. It dosen't seem to occur with any other instruments, and only when i start to add more than one guitar track (instance). I have even tried recording projects with only Shreddage 3 tracks as a test. Same thing every time. Any help appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Is this library installed on an external hard drive? Have you tried to install it on another location of your computer (like the system drive?)