Unable to drag and drop samples into Reaktor 6 sample map

Kaonashi
Kaonashi Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

According to the manual "To add samples to the Map, you can drag and drop them from a file browser into the main Map area."

This is not working at all. It worked once a few days ago, and now has stopped working. I can import via the "add" button, but that does not allow multi-sample import, nor can you edit the mapping parameters while in the "add" mode. It works, but is taking way longer than it needs to.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Sounds like a bug. In R6.5 win10pro it works like before.

Do you move themouse to the text area?

For more than one sample use the in-build navi.

Choice a folder and mark the first. Press and hold Shift and mark the last. Move the entries to the text in the map.

Answers

• Paule
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Sounds like a bug. In R6.5 win10pro it works like before.

Do you move themouse to the text area?

For more than one sample use the in-build navi.

Choice a folder and mark the first. Press and hold Shift and mark the last. Move the entries to the text in the map.

• Kaonashi

Thanks for the info!

The drag/drop works from the file browser in Reaktor, just not from an external Windows File Browser.

That will work splendidly!

Thanks again,

• Paule

That will work splendidly!

On win10pro it works quiet well. If it's a bug you can open a ticket at Support, on the head of these pages. Will you?

• NicoSonic
    NicoSonic Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello!

I'm using a Tonsturm Whoosh ensemble inside of Reaktor. But on my machine it's impossible to load samples. I tried in Reaper and in Cubase, on both I tried VST2, VST3, then Reaktor FX and Reaktor VSTi (basically all the combination possible).

On Whoosh 1.1 I can still load samples using the "Add" button in the Sample Map Editor, but I can load only one sound at a time (!) ; and it's not convenient at all anyway. I'd like to be able to browse my samples through my daw and avoid navigating through windows folder. On the latest version of Whoosh (1.5.4) it's not even possible to use the Sample Map editor. Looks like I'm screwed.

I THINK it used to work flawlessly in Windows 10, but since a few month I'm not able to load samples. And it seems like it happened since I upgraded to Windows 11.

It's driving me nuts... Am I doing something wrong here ? (do this happen to other people?)

Thanks for your time! :)

Nicolas

• Kaonashi
    The issue I had is that I was trying to load samples via windows and not the file manager in Reaktor. Maybe something similar for you? Good luck