Changing mapping page order

Kaldosh
Kaldosh Member Posts: 296 Advisor

Hi all.

I am trying to reorder mapping pages using an hex editor on Mac but figured that depending the hex editor I use , the displayed character are different.

any qualified user can tell which hex editor he uses on Mac and where pages starts and stops ?

thanks for your help ! πŸ™

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited May 2023

I just use HexFiend but haven't had much luck with this for NKS as the format makes it easy to end up with a corrupted file that won't load. We really need KK to enable this - again this is an area that was effortless in Kore 2

Not really used Preset Magician as it's Windows only but I think it has a NKS template editor that may allow reordering?

• Kaldosh

The thing is I have a pdf that explained from what symbol to start and end but it is on Windows and those symbol do not exist when opened in HexFiend so it is tricky to find out where and like you said all my attempts ended up with corrupt files when tried on Mac though I was successful when tried it on windows .

Did you ever succeed on Mac with trial and error or never did ?

• Kymeia

Can you send me the pdf and I'll have a look and see if I can work it out? I gave up but it was trial and much error :)

• Kaldosh

The only explanation I had was to wonder if they changed the structure of NKS because the file I saved was not properly ordered somehow it seemed to me Ill send you shortly

• Kaldosh

there it is, file is from 2020 so maybe there was changes. I just don't know

• Kymeia

Yes the symbols look different to me too but I don't see how the format itself changed so maybe it's a case of finding the right editor?

• Kaldosh
    edited May 2023

Exactly which is why I asked here ☺️

tried 3 all giving different characters with no luck