Komplete Kontrol losing saved presets after update/exporting project.

zenrool
zenrool Member Posts: 8 Member
edited May 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Is not the first time that happens, but very often, usually after an update or if export a logic file to another device with same plugins it loses the lost presets. It is quite a bummer cause I don't always find the presets I was using.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there a way to find which presets were used?

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Since you say “I don't always find the presets I was using”: are you sure the same instruments are installed in both devices?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

What instrument is loaded in KK as a starter?

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there a way to find which presets were used?

Maintain notes/logs of your projects. Either create a text file and note down each track, plugins used and presets or if your DAW supports it, use the note section in it. Ableton Live for instance allows notes to be added per-track so easy to note down the plugin and preset used and if you use a lot of instruments, well worth getting in the habbit because no plugin or software will let you know what preset you were using, only (if at all) what plugin is missing from a track.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

@zenrool Any update? Some nice people took time to help you out, would be nice to get back!

• zenrool

So this is what I get when I open KK...an empty instance of it within the plugin I chose (in this case Battery), but without the chosen preset.

Yeah. I've got an exact copy of plugins in my second laptop.

I'll defo gonna keep notes of instruments used in KK from now on, good suggestion, thanks.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,194 Expert

Mmmm…yes, we can see the problem now.

The exclamation mark in the plug-ins chain could be a hint

• JesterMgee

The issue is the plugin is not loading for whatever reason. Seems strange if you saved the project on that same machine you are opening it on again.

• zenrool

Yeah I’m opening the project from a different device which has however all the exact same plugins. This problem persists only with KK

• JesterMgee

Are they the same plugin types installed tho (VST2 or VST3)?

• zenrool

Good point, yeah they are

• Jeremy_NI
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

@zenrool Thanks for the additional info. To be sure, it's happening with any preset, Battery, Kontakt library, etc...?

Do Logic & Komplete Kontrol have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

You mention 2 devices, is one of them a M1? Do you have the same issue if on this M1 device you run Logic in Rosetta mode? How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

• zenrool

Thanks so much Jeremy. First of all Logic and KK did not have full disk access. After I did that I still did not restore all of my chosen presets. However after running Logic in Rosetta mode it did indeed restore my chosen presets on KK. This means a lottttt, so thank you so much!

Is there a way to have it also without Rosetta, or do I need always to run Logic on Rosetta for this not to happen?

• zenrool

As soon as I run Logic without Rosetta it goes back to the same shiet. It doesn't load the presets from KK

• Jeremy_NI

@zenrool I suspect something goes wrong when you had projects with old versions of both Battery 4 and Komplete Kontrol. I don't think it's the expected behaviour. Would it be possible for you to share one of these projects (a small version if possible) here (you have to zip it first) so we can check if we can repro the issue.

• zenrool

Here is the project where most of KK presets (all drums as an example), don't show up.

• evaluna
    evaluna Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi, did you manage to resolve this? I am having the same issue after upgrading to Komplete 14, but I am running Windows 10. Never had this issue until I upgraded. Now it seems I am losing my selections in KK after saving the project in Cakewalk. Thanks.