Maschine 2 software freezes at loading screen due to an uninstalled VST

Corbin
Corbin Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Maschine 2 is freezing at the loading screen and is specifically freezing when it is "Scanning VST(s) - Rhodes V8 Pro"

I had a trial version of Rhodes that I fully uninstalled and went into all hidden folders and have deleted all remnants of Rhodes on all my drives.

I have followed the directions from the NI video tutorial on how to reinitialize the Maschine 2 database: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210277225-MASCHINE-2-Crashes-or-Freezes-at-Startup-VIDEO-

I have tried reinstalling Maschine 2 from Native Access.

I have tried cleaning my disk drive and rebooting the system.

I can't think of anything else to do and the loading screen is still freezing. See screenshot.

PLEASE HELP ME! I don't know what else to try!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,326 mod
    Answer ✓

Has NOTHING to do with Maschine!

Simply, your Rhodes V8 Pro .dll or .vst3 file (VST2 and VST3 formats) are still in your hard disc, either at your default VST folder (if its a VST2 plugin) or at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 (if its a VST3 plugin).

Find it manually and delete it.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,326 mod
    Answer ✓

Has NOTHING to do with Maschine!

Simply, your Rhodes V8 Pro .dll or .vst3 file (VST2 and VST3 formats) are still in your hard disc, either at your default VST folder (if its a VST2 plugin) or at: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 (if its a VST3 plugin).

Find it manually and delete it.

• Corbin
    Corbin Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Thanks so much! I was not aware of the Common Files folder. I found it, deleted it and everything is running fine now.

Also, if anyone else is having a similar isssue with stubborn plugins that do not fully uninstall. I did have to go into the windows registry to fully remove the plugin. Look up a tutorial on how to use "regedit" to fullly remove uninstalled programs.