Komplete Kontrol integration in Pro Tools only partially works

Jasnevo
Jasnevo Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
edited May 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi folks,

after getting everything installed, which was quite a nightmare because of out security infrastructure, the S88 and Maschine runs.

Since I'm working with Protools, I followed the steps as the shown is various videos on Youtube. However, it begins that when selecting Komplete Kontrol in Setup/Peripherals/MIDIControllers, Input and Output are not populated automatically. And so I did it manually using the values shown in the videos. From that point on everything runs smooth: creating click and instrument track, loading the plug-in and selecting instruments and presets. However, transport controls at the S88 don't work. If I start recording in Protools, the keyboard works fine but if I press some of the transport control buttons (or others) a sound is produced rather than the expected function is executed.

I suppose, there is something left to be configured?

Cheers, Christian.

Answers

• Jasnevo

From my point of view, I followed the guidelines exactly - no functions other that the keyboard and as mentioned, the transport and function keys (on top of the display) produce sound instead of executing their respective functions.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    edited May 2023

If it's producing notes then that suggests you have used the keyboard midi in, not the DAW midi in as here

• Jasnevo

I've checked this issue especially because I suspected this already!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert

Ok well at least we can rule that out :)

• Jasnevo

Made a new project and re-checked everything - keyboard is fine, any external functions even the pointer producing sound instead of their functions.

• CMMProductions
    CMMProductions Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

I have the same exact problem!

I use Pro Tools and NI KK S49.

A little about my situation is very similar to the thread starter’s problem. To be specific most of the basic transport controls works BUT these commands doesn’t work:

1.) SHIFT+ (volume knob) = small increments of adjustment

2.) Tap Tempo

3.) AUTO button doesn’t trigger automation in Pro Tools

4.) Quantize button

…. The mentioned problems above are working perfectly in Logic.

please help! I already sent out a ticket but no response from NI.

• CMMProductions
    CMMProductions Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I think you should press MIXER button, because if you are at MIDI mode, you should trigger regular notes when pressing some of the transport buttons.

• Jasnevo

I'm not in MIDI mode but Plug-in mode - in MIDI I'd understand, that the S88 only acts as a standard MIDI keyboard and so interprets the extension knobs as typical MIDI controller elements.

Well, I opened a support ticket and has already been contacted with regard to my system specifications. Obviously, the ball is rolling - I'll keep you posted!