Electric Mint freezing when changing presets

Norman Russell
Norman Russell Member Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2022 in Kontakt

Why does Electric Mint freeze between preset changes?

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

Mayhaps you need the tuning tips by NI

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571729-Windows-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing

I can't see what OS you drive. Isn't it PC you can search yourself for Mac tuning tips, okay?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Norman Russell Some more context would help here, like is it happening in a DAW? Standalone? What DAW ? What is your operating system? How does it happen exactly?

• Norman Russell
    Norman Russell Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi sorry. I am currently using Studio one with Windows 10 via the Studio 192 interface. All of my vsts work fine including strummed acoustic but electric vintage picked acoustic and electric mint freeze between pattern selections and presets. Also doesn't seem to do a batch resave as demonstrated on line..Really frustrating with work flow but great sounds.. I have Toontrack which works fine on all instruments just Native instruments is the problem..

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI

@Norman Russell Could you demonstrate the issue in a video and post it here?

What are your audio settings in Studio One?

Can you check if it's also happening in Kontakt in standalone? Is it happening with other Kontakt libraries?

Try running Kontakt and Studio One as admin, does it make a difference? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

• leosoft
    leosoft Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello.

I have the same issue in Studio One but it occurs also in kontakt player 6 and 7 standalone.

The first time I change the current song preset, I play with the software keyboard and it works, the second time I change song preset and I play the software keyboard, kontakt player freezes and the software window become gray for more then one minute.

regards

• Jeremy_NI

@leosoft What is your operating system? Where is the library installed? On an external hard drive? What format is the drive?

• leosoft
    leosoft Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello Jeremi.

Windows 11 pro, external hard drive, WD hard disk NTFS.

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI

And this doesn't happen with any other library? Are you running your DAW and Kontakt as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator